A Tale of Nine Balance Pipes - Journey COMPLETE!!

won't meet this problem,will probably machine my adapter myself lol,will include blade retention,and led holder of course!
I will probably use the russ booster for this vintage saber,waiting for a real booster once possible.
If it's similar,will be possible to just replace the booster...

edit: duh I'm stupid... I can read and understand now...

I like it just fine for a static hilt. ^_^

The cone is nice... delrin and aluminum. The delrin helps with flexbility and squeezing it on.

But I'd go with whiever is least expensive and easy to get.

Corrections are in and they ARE FREAKIN' SWEEEETTT!!!!

Gotta deburr the holes, so I didn't include a pic of the holes yet, but WOW. Anyhow, here's a crumby cell phone pic from earlier. Will post better pics later tonight when the holes are nice and deburred.

These two are CORRECTED MALE balance pipes:

bpcorrect1

yes,about one week to wait for shipment,will probably do it at the beginning of september.
Will do same process,I mean creating the missing slope on back of the "big" diameter,and create the groove inside.
Would you have some bead sanding on yours?
Please notify the machining on the top won't bring some use patina near the holes section,but it's possible to keep the black color on the back internal tube.
I can either sand the internal,where the cone will go,to make a easier assembly,and keep only blackish color on the external diameter of the internal tube.

yes,about one week to wait for shipment,will probably do it at the beginning of september.
Will do same process,I mean creating the missing slope on back of the "big" diameter,and create the groove inside.
Would you have some bead sanding on yours?
Please notify the machining on the top won't bring some use patina near the holes section,but it's possible to keep the black color on the back internal tube.
I can either sand the internal,where the cone will go,to make a easier assembly,and keep only blackish color on the external diameter of the internal tube.

Sounds great Patrice :)
DOn´t think I need any bead sanding on my modified male... thanks for asking.

As far as sanding the internal tube...I would prefer to modify my russrep cone, if possible. If I understood you guys correctly it won´t fit the real pipe w/o modification (it´s too big) right? Maybe I´ll just put it in my drill press and treat it with some sandpaper. Would this work?

Markus

Probably not, Markus. I put my cone adapter to my grinding wheel and still couldn't get it to fit. :/ Finally had to take them to the shop and machine them all down (might as well get them ready for my run of emitters ;) )

Here are some better pics:

Nice new emitter face detail added!

correctedbp5

Nice new bevel added underneath and there you have it!!! :cheers

correctedbp6

Last edited:
I sanded my steel cone by hand with 60 grit sandpaper, then with 120 and so forth, and I was able to make mine fit. Markus, you should be fine with the drill press, as long as you do it slowly so you don't take too much off.

Last edited:
Hey Roman... Can you give us a side by side comparison shot of your fixed male and an actual female?

Hear, hear ... I'd love to see that as well myself ... although I have no doubt Roman pulled it of ... to change the gender of that 'male' emitter ^_^

-Chaim

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back