Help deciding between ghostbuster or deadpool?!?

Slow and steady, went to local Home Depot for some pvc connections and other things but all I was able to get was the hose connector parts and flat black spray paint, the rest of the paints and things I needed they didn't have (seriously the worst Home Depot ever). Ironed on the patches and just checked to see if I could get connector on and it's looking good. I just poked a hole thru the hose and put a paper clip thru it to hold it in place inside the connection. Next I need another hardware store trip and to paint my old ghostbusters trap (the handle broke years ago so I E6000'd a new pvc handle on) gonna replace the hose on it with something more accurate after painting and maybe some brass parts and other things to make it pop.

Gonna spray the elbow pads but kinda considering keeping the belt white, not sure though. Suggestions?

a9838240458f451dbc0ef8a9805568a7.jpg
f22786ccd9ca10add753f0e844751e45.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stupid sexy Flanders!

I vote for Deadghost/ Ghostpool tool. Too many Deadpools already. (Or is that Deads Pool?)

(I should talk...I'm helping a friend with his kid's CW Arrow).

Slow and steady, went to local Home Depot for some pvc connections and other things but all I was able to get was the hose connector parts and flat black spray paint, the rest of the paints and things I needed they didn't have (seriously the worst Home Depot ever). Ironed on the patches and just checked to see if I could get connector on and it's looking good. I just poked a hole thru the hose and put a paper clip thru it to hold it in place inside the connection. Next I need another hardware store trip and to paint my old ghostbusters trap (the handle broke years ago so I E6000'd a new pvc handle on) gonna replace the hose on it with something more accurate after painting and maybe some brass parts and other things to make it pop.

Gonna spray the elbow pads but kinda considering keeping the belt white, not sure though. Suggestions?

The belt doesn't bother me, but white elbow pads stand out as being very wrong.

ghost buster, do you really wanna be the 100th deadpool in the room ?

Haha thanks for the helping me pick! as you can see by pics posted above, ghostbuster won a while back and I've been working on it since. Your reasoning was pretty much why I decided on it too.

You can spray the belt when you spray the elbow pads (And the hose connector).

You can also easily scratch-build the 'key fobs' on the belt.

The tube should be clear yellow, if you can find it.

-MJ

Attachments

• bill-murray B.jpg
    bill-murray B.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 164
  • 689_9212585520.jpg
    689_9212585520.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 169
  • a0a52102985e22433ad633f0d4b74045.jpg
    a0a52102985e22433ad633f0d4b74045.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 159
  • gb1_mult_img_offphoto08.jpg
    gb1_mult_img_offphoto08.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 156
  • bill-murray C.jpg
    bill-murray C.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 165
You can spray the belt when you spray the elbow pads (And the hose connector).

You can also easily scratch-build the 'key fobs' on the belt.

The tube should be clear yellow, if you can find it.

-MJ

Awesome reference pics!! Thank you!

Couldn't find clear yellow anywhere so just went with plain clear tube, I'm going for as accurate as possible within a modest budget so if something isn't perfect I don't mind too much. Tho I do wish I knew about gbfans .com before buying some of this stuff as it would have helped a lot. Def will use them for upgrades in the future.

Small update, today I worked on the ghost trap a bit, a paint job is a stark improvement. Am planning on getting some black flex tubbing to cover the yellow one and give it more of a tech look, and glue it all up with the bras connector and add some silver accents and glue a some knobs/switches.

Before
5f6730026712a272369f724f50e4e73e.jpg

After
39b187fc1313e93b372700ab164cc930.jpg

i would go for the "down and dirty" look in Mike j's post

Was actually planning that! Was going to buy wire lube (doesn't stain and dries clear) to use as slime, and was maybe thinking of using shave cream as marshmallow too (which I understand is what they used in the movie too)

Would like to thank everyone for their help choosing and for the great advice on the build, heres a few pics of the final product! Thanks again everyone! Will upload more as I get them!
57339b8e786bf7dbc30b9b8ab6814fd6.jpg
e53de23b084a6645ac18fa0d20103dec.jpg

0bd34a624018bd775cc6a748e8e506f5.jpg
581681d8d76c5380420320bdc9ce557c.jpg

0a74bd8ad0aed519a2e5b96ce7aa5821.jpg

FYI: just in case you guys want to use it too, the streams effect is just me using the glow pen writing feature on Instagram stories, I was really surprised how well it mimicked the look of the streams. Enjoy!

Last edited:
I used some wire-pulling lubricant last night on my GB suit (a Tru-Spec poly-cotton suit). It had no noticeable odor, and seemed to have evaporated without residue or stain after about 1 or 2 hours. I'd recommend it for your costume sliming needs, and suggest that you should really lay it on thick, or re-apply over time.

Let me amend my advice on the wire-pulling lubricant: I put it on heavy today, and re-applied it a few times, and it did end up leaving a subtle residue. Even if it felt dry to the touch, getting it wet brings back the slick 'gel' feeling, and my suit should probably be washed after all.

Not really an update build wise but wanted to let everyone know that Tuesday night I entered into a costume contest.. And WON! The final opponent was a Jedi, but the rest of the costumes were impressive as well ( personal faves were bebop and rocksteady) . There was a slight dance off aspect so I gotta give a small amount of credit to my impeccable dance moves but could not have done it without everyone here's help, so thanks again!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back