Mad Max: Fury Road Costume Thread

My problem with those vest is that they are all located in the united states, i pay 50€ more for shipment and other 50€ as import tax. Do you know any vest in the EU?

I bought two with the intent to resale one and of course the day after ebay is loaded! 0.o I only know of ones in the us. How much are you looking to pay?

Thing that bothers me the most.
-For the leatherpants they make "made to size" but only have the options of waistsize and lenght. My Problem is - I lift and i also squat heavy -> so my tighs are larger than regular leading to a streched pants that wont fit around my tighs. i gonna mail the shop - the last time i've mailed them to ask how long the shipment will be they answered with a tracking number 6hours later so lets see how their customer support is.

I'm curious because I also lift heavy, squat, deadlift, and ride my bike a lot. I have kind of large thighs and was wondering how you ordered your replacement pants. Did you give them totally custom measurements including thigh circumference? I have a feeling we're about the same height/build and my waist is a 35, but with just an inseam and waist measurement I don't think I'll be able to squeeze my legs into them!

I just ordered one on eBay. There weren't any on there just a couple days ago, but working night shift and sleeping all day I don't always check. There's a million on there right now. Thank you, though!

Unrelated to costuming (sort of), but I hear ya. Night worker myself, and on nights I'm on, I can do nothing except work and sleep. That nine hours in between shifts goes by way too fast! Respect to a fellow night guardian.

I'm curious because I also lift heavy, squat, deadlift, and ride my bike a lot. I have kind of large thighs and was wondering how you ordered your replacement pants. Did you give them totally custom measurements including thigh circumference? I have a feeling we're about the same height/build and my waist is a 35, but with just an inseam and waist measurement I don't think I'll be able to squeeze my legs into them!

I mailed them and gave them several sizes of my leg including outside lenght, inside lenght, Diameter of lower and upper calf aswell as lower and upper tigh plus waist.

The pant is still a bit tight but not too tight - i would suggest to add 2-3cm to your tighsize to get more space ^^

I mailed them and gave them several sizes of my leg including outside lenght, inside lenght, Diameter of lower and upper calf aswell as lower and upper tigh plus waist.

The pant is still a bit tight but not too tight - i would suggest to add 2-3cm to your tighsize to get more space ^^
Thanks for the tip, I'm in the same boat.

Not sure if it's been sourced already, but if anyone cares the "Grizzly Max" vest looks be be a bibbed RRV style vest with some kind of H-harness back if I'm seeing things clearly. IDK how useful that is to anyone but I just noticed it. This is similar to what I'm seeing

http://www.brotherprice.com/ebphoto/rrv eb od version a.jpg

It hasn't been sourced but I think you're on the right track. The vest seems to have metal rings for the straps attachments. We might be able to ID it with that.
Max%20Detail_zpsjbqu3cif.png

It also looks to have the Eagle Industries style molle webbing, where it has a more continuous grid of nylon, vs the Condor style with the spaces between each row.

I've finished my boots, trousers, brace, shirt, and jacket and just now, my vest. Need to decide on if I'm going to wear the holster I have or just blow it off since it's a different model and I use it with another costume so I can't weather it and then finish/attach my shoulder pad. Shemagh - not sure yet.

Anyway, here's my vest, as it stands, for Dragon Con. I need to be done now. Been obsessing/working on it for days and need to move on. So I'm not sewing on the pistol mag pouch and not taking a pistol mag. Since my "gun cleaning kit" (I also used a painted Altoids tin) doesn't show up when I'm wearing the vest (it's behind my arm), I moved it to the pistol mag pouch area and I'm calling it good. I have so much to do before con that I had to make choices, and this one needs to be done for now, so there you go.

Anyway here it is.

Start:
https://twitter.com/wabbit89/status/634107315629649920

Finish:
https://twitter.com/wabbit89/status/637104880864243716

thanks! now i know what i'm doing when i get paid next week.

nice looking battle vest, jackwabbit! and yeah working 12.5 hour night shifts 4 days a week drains it out of you for a few days -.-

thanks! now i know what i'm doing when i get paid next week.

nice looking battle vest, jackwabbit! and yeah working 12.5 hour night shifts 4 days a week drains it out of you for a few days -.-

Thanks! And yeah. I work 15 hour overnights, anywhere from 2-5 nights a week, then I have a week off. To a daywalker, that seems awesome (the week off every four weeks, that is), and it can have its advantages for sure, but I can't do anything on those other weeks and it takes two days to recover from them, so...it's a wash.

I've been trying to ID the pistol mags on the battle jacket for a long time now as they have distinctive details, like the thin diamond shape at the top, thin line going down the middle, and rivet at the corner. After much time searching around I found there was a company called Ram-Line that made magazines with this style. The magazines don't use your standard spring to load ammo but more of a coil system that is riveted at the top and uncoils down as ammo is loaded, hence the distinctive rivet detail. As with most of the parts on this costume these mags are also no longer being made by the company. I believe the company only makes stocks now for rifles but the mags pop up here and there on gun auction sites in used condition or new old stock. The mag that I have is for a browning high power but I do not believe these are the ones used on film. The mag is too short inside the pouch. After doing some research I believe the mags used in the film may be an 18rd ram-line magazine for a Taurus pt92. I believe that is the highest mag cap Ram-line made for pistol magazines. The reason I say Taurus is because on the Taurus mag there is no slots on the other side of the mag just like the Browning mag I have. The Beretta mag has a slot on the other side and on film you can see there is no slot when the mag is turned around on the pouch in some scenes.

Here's a close up of a behind the scene photo showing the mag with no slot on the opposite side.

Mag%20Detail%205A_zpss2lpmqwx.jpg

Now here are the Taurus and Beretta side by side.

Mag%20compare_zpslrvfza11.jpg

As you can see there is no slot on the other side on the Taurus which is why I think that's the mag in the pouch. The Browning version of this mag also doesn't have the slot and is accurate but the magazine is shorter. The Ram-Line Browning mag I have I just pushed it up the pouch for the pictures you so you can it's a match.

pistol%20mag%20ID_zpsswaw7u0s.jpg

I tried to find if Ram-Line made a higher cap mag for the Browning but I believe they did not. The one i have fits 15rd which is already high cap from the standard capacity the Hi Power has but since the mags don't use a spring it's able to fit more rounds while still using the same mag body. Ram-line made 18rd mags for both Beretta and Taurus. Both have slightly longer mag bodies than the Browning but the Taurus is the one that doesn't have the slot on the other side. I've purchased a set of 18rd Ram-Line Taurus magazines but had them mailed to a friend to have them blocked to a lower cap for me so I can legally own them in my state. Once I received them I'll do another compare.

Would anyone be able to help me with some dimensions of the Rawlings football pad please? I'd like to make one from sheet plastic but don't know how big to make it .

Would anyone be able to help me with some dimensions of the Rawlings football pad please? I'd like to make one from sheet plastic but don't know how big to make it .

Just made mine last night. And as I'm a woman (granted 5'8", so not tiny, but not big, either), I made it to fit me. So, I think there's some variability here.

That said, I'm sure someone can help you get the exact size or close to it.

EDIT: When I first read this, my brain interpreted it as the padding part of the pad (not awake yet), but I realize now you mean the hard plastic part. The point above still stands, but less so. My bad. I used a commercial set of football pads for that part on mine (no time to make an exact copy), so I'm no help. Sorry! (But I did make the padding part from scratch, as modern pads are thicker and stiffer and just...different. Also, because the set I found in the thrift shop were slightly too big for me (I played football, and got rid of mine - darn! Ditto with my knee brace - that's a good thing, but wish I'd held on to it now!), making my own worked better.

That is looking really great mate! I'm currently in the process of getting the stuff to make my own Mad Max cosplay, and your cosplay is a great inspiration! It's going to be my first cosplay, and I really want to nail it, so it's gonna take a while to get all the parts!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back