EveningArwen's Halloween Costume Contest Entry 2013

A bit more of some work for my Daughters costume. The bonnet is basically done. May add a few more pieces of hair here and there at the edge and an elastic to help it stay on her head a bit better but that's it. I think....we'll see lol!

My husband will officially hate me for doing this but I'm kinda in love with this look. I still need to cut the wig lace a bit more but I'm still debating about ventilating some more hair in the front. I still need to smooth out the front and then wave it to give it some body like lestat has and I need to figure out a temp way of lightening his eyebrows. I'm thinking I may just try to get a bunch of eyeshadow in there in a lighter shade and hope that at least lightens up his brows a bit. If anyone else has any ideas I'd love to hear them!

My costume for the party is a blonde character and I've decided against trying to make my hair blonde after a few attempts. You can get a blonde eyebrow gel, but it's pretty much the same as smearing gold paint into your eyebrows. The girl at Sephora used concealer and then put a little yellow in, but my eyebrows still looked dark and almost looked like they just had a bunch of greenish yellow stuff in them.

My costume for the party is a blonde character and I've decided against trying to make my hair blonde after a few attempts. You can get a blonde eyebrow gel, but it's pretty much the same as smearing gold paint into your eyebrows. The girl at Sephora used concealer and then put a little yellow in, but my eyebrows still looked dark and almost looked like they just had a bunch of greenish yellow stuff in them.

I actually also saw the concealer trick. I saw it by using a concealer as your skin tone and then using a different colored eyebrow pencil that was a bit lighter to "brighten" your eyebrows. So they'll still be dark but not so dark. I'm going to try that on him and see what happens.

Here's a test run we did of our costumes. They are still not finished, like, at all but it was cool to see how they are coming together with everything.

Daddy Lestat:

And Daddy/Mommy Louis lol!:

Wow! Awesome job!

Wal-Mart and Party City both carry spray-in hair coloring in a can for pretty cheap this time of year. Ive used the white hair coloring to lighten eyebrows for a vampire by spraying some onto newspaper or in a plastic tupperware container and then brushing in with an old toothbrush. This works for facial hair as well in case anyone is interested.

Cant wait to see the finished product.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back