BTTF, Virtual Theme Park.

zapwizard

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey folks, It looks like the biggest fans of BTTF hang out here.

A while back I made a Back to the Future, the Trilogy theme park inside the game Planet Coaster.
The part includes the 1955, and 2015 town squares, and the entire 1885 town. I think you will find it to be highly accurate and a joy to explore.

Each town is surrounded by themed coasters and other rides. This is as close to a Back to the Future theme park as you can get.

If you don't want to play the game, a Youtuber made a 50 minute long video detailing the park:

Steam workshop:
Back to the Future, The Trilogy (Non-DLC)
Back to the Future, The Trilogy, DLC Park

Last edited by a moderator:
Axlotl, it took two months to make.

When I started playing Planet Coaster, I was trying to latch onto a theme. The game had Western, Modern, Pirate, Castle, and Sci-Fi themes at launch.
I decided on a time traveling park to allow me to mix all the themes together. Then I realized that Back to the Future would be perfect.
Only later did they add an officially licensed BTTF DLC. They used my park for the promotional videos.

Over the past few years I have created quite a few real-world locations inside video games. It sort of scratches a creative itch for me.

I made two Planet Coaster parks based on real-world locations:.Six Flags New Orleans, and Galveston Pleasure Pier
In Cities Skylines I created the town of Moab Utah
Inside Left4Dead, I have created two Alamo Draft House movie theater locations (Dismember the Alamo, Fan Feast) and the Austin Seaholm power plant. (All of them are now totally different or replaced).
In CryEngine I recreated the Island where the movie Castaway was filmed (in 1:1 scale).
This all led to a brief side job of doing real-time Architectural Visualization inside the Unity engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back