yes a build thread
go to home
click the relative header you want to start a build thread about
then on that page the top left corner says +post new thread
then title your thread
then in the comments box you talk about your build
good luck

Last edited:
:confused ... I think our newest member Starlord7 responded to your signature : 'If you build it they will come' ... am I correct? And yes welcome aboard Starlord7 :)

Chaïm

Last edited by a moderator:
Had the sample cuts back with the LTRS laser etched !!!! What a let down all it did was scorche the surface and not even give me a definite position or line size !!!! try try and try again
IMG_0391.JPG
The shape of the overall piece is great but the lettering needs to be deeper, the laser needs to be calibrated or something my " laser cousin " said

Perseverance ... and in his own words : 'Ultimately you just do what deep inside makes you feel good and it will always guide you in the right direction, as long as you are honest about it.' - George Lucas

:)

Chaïm

Perseverance ... and in his own words : 'Ultimately you just do what deep inside makes you feel good and it will always guide you in the right direction, as long as you are honest about it.' - George Lucas

:)

Chaïm
Call me Duracell as am just going to keep going and going and going...............

I've got back the brow linkage with supposed deeper laser engraved LTRS what a waste of time !!!
I'm going to have to get these photo etched BUT this will be the final time on this part so all input is wanted as the budget on this part alone has skyrocketed
this is what I'm sending and this will be the final lettering unless the consensus says other wise 1 week before I send
personally for me I would be happy with this on my mask ( when photo etched)
IMG_0429.JPG
The laser doesn't do it any justice
IMG_0370.JPG
This is the cad drawing I will be sending to the photo etchers

Nope ... it was a picture shared by Pam Rose a.k.a. Leesub Sirln from STAR WARS on fb ... yet that cat does reflect my reaction to the wrong letters on your CAD drawing . . . so why don't you ask one of us to assist with the correct font and perhaps even squeeze or stretch to make them more accurate before sending to the etchers?

Chaïm

I've had the brow linkages back with LTRS and the one with holes just done a quick mock up
and I think there's room for slight improvement
IMG_0436.JPGIMG_0437.JPG

Nope ... it was a picture shared by Pam Rose a.k.a. Leesub Sirln from STAR WARS on fb ... yet that cat does reflect my reaction to the wrong letters on your CAD drawing . . . so why don't you ask one of us to assist with the correct font and perhaps even squeeze or stretch to make them more accurate before sending to the etchers?

Chaïm
I'm squeezing and stretching
Im new with this computer stuff and with my photo shop illustrater on the blink it's hard to do by hand on auto cad, the fonts for computer are totally different to the original stamps, I will get there eventually but if you can or anybody help please do so as I've asked for comments and input and my 3 faithful buddy's Chaim kroenen77 ( Mark) and Odiwan have always been there, but I will get there with............
HELP !!!!!!! ( Rome wasn't built in a day )
:lol:wacko

ROmulus-Remus-646x350_zpsps13hlm1.jpg

As you can see it takes 2 to build Rome :lol Send me your design of the part 1:1 on 300 dpi via PM or email without text and I'll see if I can add the text more accurately later this weekend :)

Chaïm

I think I have found the way the shutters where made OMG I think I have, because it fits perfectly please tell me I'm right and let me go down in the RPF history as a finder of at least one ( not really a part as such but the item used and how it was done ) and let me feel better about my other failings
remember this from post #93
IMG_0438.PNG
Whats behind the shutter !!!!!!
well look at this
IMG_0441.JPG

Now this, 2 vocoder grills on top of each other !!!
IMG_0442.JPG

Now this !!! With the shutter placed on top !!

IMG_0440.JPGIMG_0443.JPG

TA DAH
im really on a high right now :D

Considering the fact that propguys were always on a tight schedule ... it's most likely they used the same part over and over wherever they could ... so how many vocoder grills would one need now for one Vader ROTJ Reveal build?

Chaïm

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back