Blade runner 2049 optical viewer

Turns out because I printed the main part of the casing vertically, the "nubs" didn't print 100% circular, slightly oval instead so I need to file a bit off them and the buttons will fit just fine. Thanks.

af60d8e23f09baa632aa2da37579de21.jpg

Nearly finished, very nice build had a lot of fun.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I do based on your Updated Design, but it will some time to finish. I have to many other projects an not much time

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Here is my optical viewer WIP at the moment:

20180611_060414.jpg

Wondering if anyone has a line on a place that will do smoked black lexan / plastic cut to order for the lenses?

Looks fantastic. You could just find some smoked Lexan at the local builders shop, cut the rough shape and attach the printed shape as a guide and sand it to the shape. Takes 15 minutes and saves some bugs. That is what I did with a $4 peace of Lexan from Home Depot.

Here is my optical viewer WIP at the moment:

View attachment 823220

Wondering if anyone has a line on a place that will do smoked black lexan / plastic cut to order for the lenses?

Looks fantastic. You could just find some smoked Lexan at the local builders shop, cut the rough shape and attach the printed shape as a guide and sand it to the shape. Takes 15 minutes and saves some bugs. That is what I did with a $4 peace of Lexan from Home Depot.

Yeah, think that is the way to go. Thanks for kicking my butt.

I even have a belt sander so it should be super quick.

More WIP, slowly getting there. I printed the eyeshade in white PLA as it's all I had on hand at the time, then sprayed it with a black flexible rubbery compound used for car rims (wtf??) apparently. So it has the feel of a rubber material.

Bought some black PLA so all other black components will be printed straight in black.

IMG_20180621_200158.jpg

Yep, looking spiffy!! What brand did you use for that flex rubber compound? I have used a number of spray/compound over the years to imitate the fell/look of rubber (last one was a spray used to protect pick-up truck cabs)...wasn't the best. Eager to hear back from you;)

Yep, looking spiffy!! What brand did you use for that flex rubber compound? I have used a number of spray/compound over the years to imitate the fell/look of rubber (last one was a spray used to protect pick-up truck cabs)...wasn't the best. Eager to hear back from you;)

Rustoleum Flexidip black.

Sadly my front plate warped in the sun while curing my last layer of filler primer... just finished a 22hr print to replace it!

Last edited:
Having watched Adam Savage's excellent one day build on this project, I'm scratching my head what he put in the hole on the front panel referenced here (red arrow)? Thoughts?

Untitled.jpg

In the absence of super high-res still shots of this model, I'm just replicating Adam's close as I can.

Great work Kokanee and others. I love all of the Blade Runner goodness that is happening at the RPF right now. Thanks for sharing another great project :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back