Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

12006203_10154738490242925_7042925405216538104_n.jpg getting there .... looking good .. ..

Nice!!! I wish I was that far into mine. At what point can I start screwing on the panels? I'm only at issue 20

Nice!!! I wish I was that far into mine. At what point can I start screwing on the panels? I'm only at issue 20

If you look at the instructions at each stage of the build, DeAgostini give their recommendation on whether to fit the panels or not.

However...

I have completely disregarded this and added the panels as they have come and have had no problems at all. Fit has always been very good. The one thing to look out for are the edges where the panels overlap. Always place the panel with the lip that goes underneath on first before you fit the ones with the overlapping lip on top. Other than that, I have not found any potential pitfalls. The corridor with the ramp and the mechanicals that go with it, I am following their instructions though, as if you try test fitting the panel on top of the frame there, it is easy to see that it potentially obstructs access to screw holes for the mechanism.

http://forum.buildmillenniumfalcon.com/forums/topic/new-nose-cone-3/

Well, it is the nose cone shown in the issue 40 preview pic. However, the canopy frames do look better to me, but I would love to hear the opinion of someone who really knows the 32" Falcon. Nose windows will definitely need work, should be fixable though. If the canopy frame section window size and spacing is accurate that is the inmportant part fixed and it gives reference for fixing the front window spacing.

Still disappointing though.

In my opinion, the glazing looks terrible.

I'll take mine without the window glass thank you :D. It is good to see that they are willing to revisit parts that aren't exactly as they should be. I'm sure redoing them and redistributing them is no small deal money wise.

Jedi Dade

Ok, I have searched.... and searched for this answer, so please forgive me. I remembered reading some opinions either in this thread or the Hasbro falcon thread about the resilience of 3D printed parts. Will they last or deteriorate and crumble to dust over time?

I want to buy some of the 3D printed parts on shapeways for my DeAgostini falcon but am not sure???

Thanks

I really hope there will be more parts sprues for the panel greeblies rather than parts pre-added to the panel, especially the main engines area.

3D Printed parts will last a long time IF you completely cover them in primer first. If you just paint them, the light will get thru and deteriorate the UV sensative resin that they are made from. A good primer coating is good enough to block any light from getting thru. I for one also spray a coat of black paint on top of that as well just to make sure all light and UV rays don't get thru to weaken the resin. Think about this... If you paint a peice of glass and don't want any light to get thru it, what would you paint it with to make sure?

3D Printed parts will last a long time IF you completely cover them in primer first. If you just paint them, the light will get thru and deteriorate the UV sensative resin that they are made from. A good primer coating is good enough to block any light from getting thru. I for one also spray a coat of black paint on top of that as well just to make sure all light and UV rays don't get thru to weaken the resin. Think about this... If you paint a peice of glass and don't want any light to get thru it, what would you paint it with to make sure?

Thank you so much for the explanation. This has put my mind at ease and I look forward to purchasing some shapeways parts.

So since it appears that Deag is not going to create a completely accurate nose cone, I wondering on what the consensus was for the best shapeways version? I've bought much from Tony before, but it appears that his will need some modification to fit into the existing Deago cabin as the Space in Scale version is ready to go out of the box. Those are the only 2 I see available. I don't feel like scratch building my own. Any thoughts or experience with either of these nose cones?

So since it appears that Deag is not going to create a completely accurate nose cone, I wondering on what the consensus was for the best shapeways version? I've bought much from Tony before, but it appears that his will need some modification to fit into the existing Deago cabin as the Space in Scale version is ready to go out of the box. Those are the only 2 I see available. I don't feel like scratch building my own. Any thoughts or experience with either of these nose cones?

Get the version that doesn't have the rear shelves. That seems to be the best choice from what I understand.

Get the version that doesn't have the rear shelves. That seems to be the best choice from what I understand.
Wow, thanks for the qiuk response. By rear shelves do you mean this one?
625x465_3239764_9601307_1429746607.jpg
If so, both Tony and Space In Scale have versions without this interior.

Personally I would go with the Space In Scale (aka Ebeneezer Jones on this forum) newest (second) version of the cockpit cone...found here:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/F...dio-scale-2?li=shop-results&optionId=57868757

625x465_3829115_12095940_1442629681.jpg625x465_3194258_9875471_1430513016.jpg625x465_3194258_9876237_1430513016.jpg625x465_3194258_9875996_1430513016.jpg625x465_3194258_9876124_1430513016.jpg625x465_3194258_9978922_1430513016.jpg625x465_3194258_9978920_1430513016.jpg625x465_3194258_9978921_1430513016.jpg

...it is defiantly as near as accurate as you can get and fits the DeAgo perfectly (even has the notches for the cockpit interior like the original DeAgo part!).

I have the first version of the Space In Scale cone and am very impressed with it, he has mentioned that he may be doing castings of his cone soon so you may want to check with him about those as well.

Nothing against Tony's (aka FZ6 on this forum) 308 Bits cockpit cone, it is very accurate and has more detail features along the inside of the window beams that are not on the Space In Scale version as well as being designed to work with Tony's awesome line of other cockpit parts...the cone only version of Tony's cockpit can be found here:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/Y...-cabin-cone?li=shop-results&optionId=56126331

625x465_3257292_9603507_1432305931.jpg625x465_3257292_10494512_1432305931.jpg625x465_3257292_10494458_1432305931.jpg625x465_3257292_10494449_1432305931.jpg

Last edited:
Personally I would go with the Space In Scale (aka Ebeneezer Jones on this forum) newest (second) version of the cockpit cone...found here:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/F...dio-scale-2?li=shop-results&optionId=57868757

...it is defiantly as near as accurate as you can get and fits the DeAgo perfectly (even has the notches for the cockpit interior like the original DeAgo part!).

I have the first version of the Space In Scale cone and am very impressed with it, he has mentioned that he may be doing castings of his cone soon so you may want to check with him about those as well.

Nothing against Tony's (aka FZ6 on this forum) 308 Bits cockpit cone, it is very accurate and has more detail features along the inside of the window beams that are not on the Space In Scale version as well as being designed to work with Tony's awesome line of other cockpit parts...the cone only version of Tony's cockpit can be found here:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/Y...-cabin-cone?li=shop-results&optionId=56126331
Thanks Imurme. I kinda came to the same conclusion also, and as I've stated before I have many of Tony's parts also, I love his work. May I ask why you would choose the cone with the rubbery feel instead of plastic (your link takes us to that one)?

Thanks Imurme. I kinda came to the same conclusion also, and as I've stated before I have many of Tony's parts also, I love his work. May I ask why you would choose the cone with the rubbery feel instead of plastic (your link takes us to that one)?

Glad to help kokkari, the link I posted was just to get you to the page for the part, you can change the material in the upper right to the frosted ultra detail material, a little more $ but it is a stronger plastic and more detailed (it the same material I ordered on mine)

Personally I like the greeblies on the inside of the window beams in Tony's more... The Space in Scale version doesn't have any of those at all and trying to replicate the hoses and wires would be a nightmare manually.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back