Yoda VD lightsaber discussion

Re: Yoda VD lightsaber question

NeoRutty asked about my Bolsey 2 based yoda with real Lambo wheel and probably accurate yet replica oilpan ... so here are some pictures before going on X-mas holidays :

Merry X-mas . . . each and everyone!

Chaim

Love what you did with the battery cap!!!
I've got to lathe and knurl mine like that to match my Praco.

I'm a step closer for you guys. Yes, from authentic parts all sourced by me, built and modified by me and finished by me!
When done, I'll be able to offer conversion pieces and full kits:
Switch
Grips
End cap
Emitter
PEM nut
Correct brass nut

Your Bolsey WILL be as close as possible to a Praco!!!
Hopefully--by January......

That batterycap came with that Bolsey 2 conversion ... and might be original? :unsure

Chaim

That batterycap came with that Bolsey 2 conversion ... and might be original? :unsure

Chaim

No.
The kit I'll be putting together will have a battery cap that is more like the Praco, but not an original Praco.
It will be aluminum, knurled and same diameter as the flash.

No.
The kit I'll be putting together will have a battery cap that is more like the Praco, but not an original Praco.
It will be aluminum, knurled and same diameter as the flash.

What I meant to say was that I did nothing to alter that Bolsey 2 endcap it came as is,
though I don't know if it is an original Bolsey endcap :) ... can't wait to see you getting
your hands on the other original parts ... as well as your kits.

Chaim

What I meant to say was that I did nothing to alter that Bolsey 2 endcap it came as is,
though I don't know if it is an original Bolsey endcap :) ... can't wait to see you getting
your hands on the other original parts ... as well as your kits.

Chaim

Wow--someone did the work on that before you got it!
Bolseys have a black smooth battery cap.

When I get back home after Christmas, I'll be talking with local machine shops.
I'll take my Praco batt cap as the template and have them replicate it.

That will be the part offered in the kit.
So, even that will be based off an original part.

I did a little more research and may have found the overlooked piece of this puzzle. Stay tuned......

***Special Note***
I really want to thank ALL of you guys in here!
Mandio asked a simple, yet great question--and look how it evolved. This also got me back into prop building.
There's a long story behind my absence, and as you get to know me better--you'll understand why. Basically, I'm a disabled retired vet of 23 years recovering from multiple surgeries.

I needed something to do to occupy my time, and to kerp from going nuts!

This is it.

So again--thanks guys! You all are helping in ways you couldn't imagine...and I appreciate it.
In return--we'll have our Yoda kit to show for the effort.

After we all tackle that one--let's come up with other conversions that aren't commonly available.
I like this group effort. Let's keep it going. I enjoy the PMs and posts along the way, too....

Cheers to all, and Happy Holidays

Last edited:

thanks for sharing
Merry christmas to you all guys

Wow--someone did the work on that before you got it!
Bolseys have a black smooth battery cap.

When I get back home after Christmas, I'll be talking with local machine shops.
I'll take my Praco batt cap as the template and have them replicate it.

That will be the part offered in the kit.
So, even that will be based off an original part.

I did a little more research and may have found the overlooked piece of this puzzle. Stay tuned......

***Special Note***
I really want to thank ALL of you guys in here!
Mandio asked a simple, yet great question--and look how it evolved. This also got me back into prop building.
There's a long story behind my absence, and as you get to know me better--you'll understand why. Basically, I'm a disabled retired vet of 23 years recovering from multiple surgeries.

I needed something to do to occupy my time, and to kerp from going nuts!

This is it.

So again--thanks guys! You all are helping in ways you couldn't imagine...and I appreciate it.
In return--we'll have our Yoda kit to show for the effort.

After we all tackle that one--let's come up with other conversions that aren't commonly available.
I like this group effort. Let's keep it going. I enjoy the PMs and posts along the way, too....

Cheers to all, and Happy Holidays

I got the rims, there was 3 accurate and 2 that are preatty much the same but taller
So i have 2 for sale, ill post it here before making a for sell, because here is where the true interest is.
Not sure if i can post prices here, so PM me if interested

sm7sy8.jpg

Love what you did with the battery cap!!!
I've got to lathe and knurl mine like that to match my Praco.

I'm a step closer for you guys. Yes, from authentic parts all sourced by me, built and modified by me and finished by me!
When done, I'll be able to offer conversion pieces and full kits:
Switch
Grips
End cap
Emitter
PEM nut
Correct brass nut

Your Bolsey WILL be as close as possible to a Praco!!!
Hopefully--by January......

I'm listening! I've never seen the right brass Praco emitter shroud nut done. I've had a read Praco and a real wheel, and a converted Bolsey, but never a full on accurate Yoda saber. It's one of my faves.

Thank you for all your hard work Hermes. When you are ready I would be in for a kit.

. . . since most of you do not check the off-topic forum . . . or look under a person's avatar . . . thus it seems that I'll have to inform you that HermesBlackstar has been banned from this forum. So despite all his good efforts in this thread he will not be posting any longer ... thus the quest for that oilpan remains.

Chaim

... thusfar we had come to the conclusion that the 3-in-1 kit possibly contains the oilpan we seek ... until I get my hands on that kit myself I can not possitively confirm this ... so feel free guys to search for a cheap auction in ebay or elsewhere. It would still require an additional part on top to create the extra bulge.

Chaim

... thusfar we had come to the conclusion that the 3-in-1 kit possibly contains the oilpan we seek ... until I get my hands on that kit myself I can not possitively confirm this ... so feel free guys to search for a cheap auction in ebay or elsewhere. It would still require an additional part on top to create the extra bulge.

Chaim

I have whatched closely the curve on the pan and ive believe is correct

Last edited:

Thanks mandio222,

I got your Lambo wheel ... now all I need is the grips and the oilpan ... and I'll be done with my Praco/Bolsey 2 hybrid.

Any thoughts on material and making those grips guys?

Chaim

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back