Jedi Training Remote

Picked up a 00 Airfix Panzer IV which I read somewhere was the correct model, however, I can't seem to find where I referenced this. I believe this scale is 1/76?

I see you have a 1/72 Airfix Panzer IV. Did I get the wrong one? or is the diff in size negligible.

I don't know the kit you bought, but scale-wise it shouldn't make much difference. However sometimes the parts are not the same in different sized kits.

This is the box image from my Ebay purchase. Listed as Airfix A208V OO Scale 1/76 Panzer IV - 1st release Type 3D Boxing 1971-72 $_57.JPG
Will take some pics of the sprues when I get a chance.

$_57.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I was pulling parts from my kits to get this going and I ran into a snag. I can't find this part that is circled below. I believe it's the muffler baffle but I don't see it in the Tamiya kit. Is it only present in the Bandai kit? Are there alternatives, or am I just missing it?

whichkit.png

It's from the Bandai Panther, can't help as to the Tamiya yes/no.

sry to say I'm not likely to see my molds for a few days (I'm dumping my donor kits and will find them mixed in with) but I will assume that anyone who has built the remote may have access to this mold and resin... perhaps saving you having to find the Fuman/Bandai (though I'd really recommend it)

It's from the Bandai Panther, can't help as to the Tamiya yes/no.

sry to say I'm not likely to see my molds for a few days (I'm dumping my donor kits and will find them mixed in with) but I will assume that anyone who has built the remote may have access to this mold and resin... perhaps saving you having to find the Fuman/Bandai (though I'd really recommend it)

Yeah, I've been trying to get my hands on a Bandai but I keep getting out bid.

ah, yes that'll do it, the scourge of the hobby. Well, hopefully someone will be able to step up soon. Fortunately, you can 'complete' the remote without them; the drawback being that as you weather it, you won't have the pieces in place to interact with any wash or splatter, and so will want to hold off or re-work those areas to unify your surface details and main form.

The Panther kit came in and I can confirm that the part is not in the Tamiya kit. Tamiya molded the muffler as one piece so you don't have to assemble it unlike the Bandai.

IMG_3518.jpg

This is what the Tamiya muffler looks like.
IMG_3522.jpg

Here is the assembly instructions and muffler baffle in the Bandai kit.
IMG_3519.jpg

IMG_3520.jpg

IMG_3521.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back