Heiland Vader conversion question - extra hole?

spoudastis

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have a question for those who have completed or are working on a heiland Vader ANH conversion. I have been thinking about starting in on this but after looking closely at heilands I noticed the rather obvious difference to the mpp of having two switches or attachments next to the shroud whereas the mpp only has one bulb attachment. Does this mean that once the heiland is stripped and the correct shroud and bulb release are attached that there is an extra hole visable where the other heiland switch was located? Or does this get covered with something? I don't like the idea of having a random hole left over. I'm attaching an image below that I hope illustrates the question, mpp on top heiland on bottom. I have seen a number of conversion builds here in the forum but have never seen the side photographed that I think would have an extra hole. Hope this makes sense.

image.jpeg

Thanks

I covered mine with foil tape but the Wannawanga kit has one with mylar which, I think, is much closer to the finish of the MPP.

Note that only Heiland's Synchronar model has the bulb eject apparatus. The older models don't but they have rectangular holes, so it's a trade-off.

Nice pic ;)

Well that's interesting, didn't realize that. Thanks!

Note that only Heiland's Synchronar model has the bulb eject apparatus. The older models don't but they have rectangular holes, so it's a trade-off.

Nice pic ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Well that's cool. Here I was thinking I would have to settle for an extra hole. Just what I wanted to hear, thanks propmainiac

I actually coverd the hole by turning the shroud the opposite direction. Then attached my vader bulb release which coverd the other hole.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple of Heiland Vader sabers and I've put a tiny piece of mylar tape over each extra hole. From certain angles you can't even see the tape, and when it is visible, it's not that noticeable unless you're looking for it.

Last edited:
Be careful because there are three versions of the Heiland. The Synchronar is closest to an MPP but it has an octagonal end cap, which would have to be replaced (another damn expense). The original Press S model is smaller and has a usable end cap and no bulb eject, but it doesn't have the the two little round Battery plug holes, so that's not so good either. The in between model is a good length, no bulb eject to cover up, it has the coin-edge cap and the B holes. The emitter isn't the same as the MPP though. There are pluses and minuses for each one.

Heiland cases caps emitters.jpg

Awesome info @probedroid , thanks!

Be careful because there are three versions of the Heiland. The Synchronar is closest to an MPP but it has an octagonal end cap, which would have to be replaced (another damn expense). The original Press S model is smaller and has a usable end cap and no bulb eject, but it doesn't have the the two little round Battery plug holes, so that's not so good either. The in between model is a good length, no bulb eject to cover up, it has the coin-edge cap and the B holes. The emitter isn't the same as the MPP though. There are pluses and minuses for each one.

View attachment 626122

Are these end-caps compatible with each other? I'm thinking of getting the Synchronar and going off of that until something better comes along

Are these end-caps compatible with each other? I'm thinking of getting the Synchronar and going off of that until something better comes along

They are more-or-less compatible. I did an endcap swap between 2 heilands, and while they both fit, the one end cap required a bit more elbow grease to thread it all the way onto the flash.

Yes. That's my Synch in the first post with a different end cap on it. A drop of oil on the threads wouldn't be a terrible idea.

I keep asking this but haven't heard a good answer-- the two-cell synchronar on the left-- wouldn't that work fine for a Boba Fett EBS gun since a lot of the length of the original MPP was hidden anyway?

Sorry for any confusion !

Similar to Probe Droid, I was showing different versions of the Heiland/ports/end caps. Mine are not for sale, I have various projects lined up for these.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back