Brian's Blade Runner Builds

This damn thing is like the stone soup fable. You start with something relatively cheap and by the time you spent money and time tarting it up you may as well have bought a proper kit! > sigh!<

I've been busy with other things recently but I finally managed to get my solid resin grips fitted. I thought I might have to glue the grips, in addition to screwing them in place, but it turns out that they screwed in nice and securely on their own as they should. I still have work to do on the blaster in general but I’m happy that the grips worked out as planned.

MK313.jpgMK314.jpgMK315.jpg

MK313.jpg

MK314.jpg

MK315.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the looks of your build. Those grips look fantastic. How hard was it to get the color you wanted with the resin? Never done casting before, and did not know if the color changed during curing?

I love the looks of your build. Those grips look fantastic. How hard was it to get the color you wanted with the resin? Never done casting before, and did not know if the color changed during curing?

It was just a bit of guesswork, really. I looked online for alcohol ink, and this Caramel colour looked closest to the amber grips, so I went with that. The colour didn't seem to change during or after curing.

caramel.jpg

My HD recreation of Rachael’s family photo. I posted this in the Free Replica Paper Props section but I’m also posting it here to keep all my Blade Runner related stuff together in one place.

Rachael and Mother.jpg

Rachael and Mother.jpg

Candykiller wondered if you could help me, I’m trying to replace most of the screws on the water gun with real hardware, could you help me with the ones you found and used?

@Candykiller wondered if you could help me, I’m trying to replace most of the screws on the water gun with real hardware, could you help me with the ones you found and used?

I bought a box of assorted Hex Bolts/Screws from Amazon. It worked out pretty inexpensive this way, and I’m sure these parts will come in useful for other future projects.

hex01.jpghex02.jpg

hex01.jpg

hex02.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back