ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

@gizmo:Yes...they have prices like MR or EFX.But with no real propcopys,plaques or real limited numbers.:unsure

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to train your puppy to show him how to behave.

As long as someone orders their high priced stuff, they seem to be on the right track. If people would make them suck their prices and refrain from buying, Anovos would maybe think about. Go up or go under, i don´t care.

I just wish people would stop blindly ordering every time the throw up some concept art with a go fund me price tag. This is getting rediculas! I have learned my lesson I just wish they would ship the OT trooper so I can get out of this pre-order nightmare. If they go under there will be so many people screwed.

I just wish people would stop blindly ordering every time the throw up some concept art with a go fund me price tag. This is getting rediculas! I have learned my lesson I just wish they would ship the OT trooper so I can get out of this pre-order nightmare. If they go under there will be so many people screwed.

If you want I'll give you your 350 bucks and take over your order :D

PM me if you are interested :)

It is about to ship so you shouldn't have to wait too long. Don't order from them again afterwards. I hear you man, I won't say I'm loosing sleep over this but the anticipation is killing me. This business model sure isn't for the faint of heart, eh?

Prices are definitely going up way too much.

Ben

Ditto, I'm getting the same bad feeling on this issue.
The initial price points for Old & New are most interesting as they roll out.
I'm hoping when they eventually release the new snow, flame and tie troops, the hype falls back to reality a bit.

Ditto, I'm getting the same bad feeling on this issue.
The initial price points for Old & New are most interesting as they roll out.
I'm hoping when they eventually release the new snow, flame and tie troops, the hype falls back to reality a bit.

im sure we will find out next week when the artist rendering goes up and the go fund me page goes live.

It is about to ship so you shouldn't have to wait too long. Don't order from them again afterwards. I hear you man, I won't say I'm loosing sleep over this but the anticipation is killing me. This business model sure isn't for the faint of heart, eh?

its not that. They have the taking people's money part of the business down pact it's the delivering products they have to work on. Every new product they release delays the first as it requires more focus on other things. I'm worried they are biting off more then they can handle. What do we do if they file chapter 11 and go out of business? This would not be the first time something like this happens. I think Disney should lay down the law no more new products until they fulfill current promises we are getting close to the end of December and no ship dates. Did people get there vaders or Han Solo holsters yet?

I completely understand your reservations, those are all valid points! We don't know what's holding the Han belts. Could be an issue with the licensor that is outside of Anovos control or it could be poor management. They are trying to improve themlselves but there is still room for improvement obviously...

Does anyone have an anovos discount code they would be willing to give me? If so please send it to me via pm.

Also is anovos still giving out 10% codes after every purchae? If so, could I purchase a $10 e gift card and get a code or is it only purchase on merchandise.

Thanks

I live near Disneyland. In the docking bay they have an Anovos TK helmet that you can order direct through Disney. But here is the deal. The helmet on display is clearly a hero TK helmet. Which I want. But Anovos only shows the stunt helmet (last I looked) on their web page. If I order it and it isnt what I want Disney has a hands off approach and I would have to go through Anovos. But the problem with that is I wrote Anovos to get clarification on the helmet differences and as of today it has been well over a month since I wrote them. I am sorry but that is **** poor customer service. I already have a stunt helmet and TK armor. I just wanted a second helmet but I will just build one. If you have the license then properly represent the license.

Anovos is only making a stunt version. The helmet on display that you speak of is either an EFX a MR limited edition helmet. There are no plans for a hero h version from Anovos.

I live near Disneyland. In the docking bay they have an Anovos TK helmet that you can order direct through Disney. But here is the deal. The helmet on display is clearly a hero TK helmet. Which I want. But Anovos only shows the stunt helmet (last I looked) on their web page. If I order it and it isnt what I want Disney has a hands off approach and I would have to go through Anovos. But the problem with that is I wrote Anovos to get clarification on the helmet differences and as of today it has been well over a month since I wrote them. I am sorry but that is **** poor customer service. I already have a stunt helmet and TK armor. I just wanted a second helmet but I will just build one. If you have the license then properly represent the license.

We know what's up with the Han belts - back in the summer they were totally all ready to go now, just have to put them in boxes and get them out the door! Certainly by September of October, they'll all be shipped - with extras!
Yes, **** happens, but again, the real problem here is that we've gone from GotMaul being all over the boards, answering questions, responding to concerns, and generally making sure everyone involved was up to date on almost a daily basis, to no communication apart from very sporadic shipping updates, now two months out of date and again missed dates. There's no liscensor issue, no production delay, no packaging design issue that prevents them from doing this little thing, and I know for myself, and I presume a LOT of worried people, this would all go away if they would just bother to keep the communication lines open.

There is certainly some frustration showing, for myself I will wait out for the first quarter of 2016, after that I'm pulling the plug and I don't like using the term never, but realistically I will never buy another Anovos, their lack of professionalism and disregard for our money shines through and I don't see why we should be the ones who get burned if it all goes wrong. I am very very surprised Disney has allowed this as they are usually pretty hot on being represented correctly, at least on the ethics side. With the customers contract being broken from point of sale, ie moved back constantly, I'm starting to think it best if all licensed products are better steered clear of. If this was in the junkyard we would be shouting from the rooftops the guy is a scammer

I noticed in GotMaul's post on the Han Solo belts that he said the belts are 'on US soil' and ready to ship (though sounds like that hasn't happened) - I thought the Anovos belts were made in the US per the belt info on their website: "Genuine leather belt and holster is handcrafted in the U.S.A. using patterns from original screen-used pieces via Lucas Archives."

Does anyone know if they're made in the US or overseas? I've been considering this or an MPFilmcraft belt because both are supposed to be made in the US (assuming Filmcraft is still making them; I haven't had any luck getting a reply from Matt). If the Anovos belt is made in China/elsewhere I'd probably just get a belt from Todd's and call it good (talking to Todd's, sounds like the belts are made in China using leather from Pakistan, but they're also half the Anovos price).

Acknowledged the Todd's belts don't come with the greeblies and the additional buckles (something I love about the Anovos belt) but the lengthy delay for the Anovos belt is pretty worrisome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then who do you suppose made the clone trooper helmets they are displaying?
I get what your saying but you dont have to be smart about it. Ok I understand about the display. I don't care about that. I am referring to the helmet in the selling area that is LABELLED as Anovos. I am sorry but that doesn't bug you just a bit? I mean it is obviously different and not what people will receive that ordered it.

Sorry bro.. I didnt mean to sound like an ***** and I totally did. I guess we'll find out real soon. The ones I know for a fact to be production models and the one in the New York Exhibit. stars-wars-exhibition-reveals-stories-behind-series-costumes.jpgScreen Shot 2015-11-20 at 6.13.43 PM.png

I get what your saying but you dont have to be smart about it. Ok I understand about the display. I don't care about that. I am referring to the helmet in the selling area that is LABELLED as Anovos. I am sorry but that doesn't bug you just a bit? I mean it is obviously different and not what people will receive that ordered it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back