3D Printed Zorg ZF1

Thank you to the RPF for spotlighting this build!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435090561.693233.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow! I had no idea this was on Thingiverse, but I grabbed it for printing.

C

The free file is not complete and some customizing needs to be done to get certain things to fit properly. But all that said, it's still an amazing render and has allowed me to make one of my dream props.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Its a......its a.......its a.........its a..........Zorg ZF1!! Excellent work, fantastic build, truly impressive, well done :thumbsup

Rubber trim added only thing left to do is add the led to the little red button
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436030236.944855.jpg

Made a custom battery box
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436129263.364341.jpg

And wired it to the led in the little red button. The image makes it seem much brighter for some reason. Either way, it is done!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436129324.347781.jpg

Finally found time to get some beauty shots taken by my friends over at Surrealsister Photography. This is the first picture of the many more to come.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438028893.888157.jpg

Hey there, before I saw this post I too came across the Thingiverse files and dove in. So far I've printed quite a bit and I ordered the vacuform shell from the Superkrates guys (I hope it gets here in time). Any insight you can give me into any specific parts that you had to maybe come up with on your own, or tricks for assembly? I have a fair amount of pieces assembled, but haven't gotten to the major frame components yet. Any info is appreciated. I'll post my progress as I go, If I get something even close to what you have, I'll be ecstatic. I have basically the same setup as you, Makerbot 2, and it's been running day and night for the last two weeks. I also bought an airbrush, but still need to get some paints. Basically, I'm just going for it!

Great build btw, I feel a little less lonely knowing there's at least one other person put there who's done this (and been very successful I might add). If anyone has recommendations on airbrush paint brands or types to achieve the various metal looks, I appreciate any suggestions.

01.jpg02.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back