Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

You tlj defenders really need to figure out which argument want to use to excuse the bomber fail. If you can remote activate, why not wait until *after* you release the bombs to activate them?

We have better technology today. When you actually debate your conflicting viewpoints amongst yourselves, it might give the illusion that you actually want to discuss the movie instead of tagging in and out to defend such a poor movie.

EDIT : Oh.

I already gave an answer for this a while back. Firstly the bombers were not designed to bomb space targets but land-based targets. Secondly, is too hard to assume the enemy has a way to "jam" the bombs preventing them from being armed anywhere else but in the bomber itself.

Secondly, is too hard to assume the enemy has a way to "jam" the bombs preventing them from being armed anywhere else but in the bomber itself.
Doesn't TCW actually have an episode that features this tech? I swore I've seen it in SW before.

Doesn't TCW actually have an episode that features this tech? I swore I've seen it in SW before.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so. I don't remember an episode that featured that. Now did they employ shields as plot devices sometimes? Yes. Ray shields specifically. But so did Revenge of the Sith. The better question is why didn't the dreadnaught have any form of shields in that scene? Large capital ships are known to have them...

It's... Star Wars. ALL of it is based on that. TLJ, ESB, TPM.. they all take flight manoeuvres straight from WWII tactics. I mean... am I speaking ****ing Klingon here?

I just have issue where they completely ignore things already established. That's my issue. As I've cited in numerous other posts.

Ahhh just bring back the Gungans already!!

And the bombers were there to end up as pretty explosions! Pew pew booooom!

I just have issue where they completely ignore things already established. That's my issue. As I've cited in numerous other posts.

What established things are they ignoring with the bombers scene?

"Well there's nothing wrong with company trying to make some money. But at the same time we must also remember that "the love of money is the root of all evil"."

True, so true.

The whole movie is a joke but not as much of a joke as the weird directions this thread has gone! :lol

Could`nt agree more. Here`s something you dont find in the YT comments section........

start one.jpg

It's... Star Wars. ALL of it is based on that. TLJ, ESB, TPM.. they all take flight manoeuvres straight from WWII tactics. I mean... am I speaking ****ing Klingon here?

Kathleen Kenedy isnt having issues because of A New Hope. People arent boycotting because of A New Hope. It clearly *isn't* all the same as per the majority of fans who wrote negative reviews of TLJ and stopped spennding their money on the franchise.

I am speaking English, logic and the almighty dollar, so your false equivalency is irrelevant.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this. I think this hate TLJ is getting, doesn't come from the movie. I'm really beginning to think that the hate for TLJ is merely a symptom. To me it's clear, that ever since Lucasfilm was sold to Disney, fans have started hating. So any little thing that seems to be out of place, and the fans rip it to shreds.

What happened to the fans that would defend the dumbest stuff in Star Wars? All these "issues" from hyperspace ramming, the infamous bomber scene, to Rey and Luke, and everything else in between. How come I can come up with explanations for everything? And I don't have any major problems with this stuff? But everyone else seems to shut down. Geeze half the fun of Star Wars is getting to fill in the itty bitty details yourself! As I've stated before TLJ is far from perfect, but it's not as bad as ATOC. And there are a lot of things I would change. But seriously guys, take a step back, become a kid again and use your imagination!

Well Joek3rr, I tried to use my imagination. It didn't work. The thing is, I loved Rogue One, I liked TFA despite its flaws. I mentioned, maybe in this thread, that I'm much more willing to suspend disbelief and let my imagination fill in, or overlook, the gaps, but only when the story is good, the characters compelling, and I'm entertained. With the Last Jedi, I was bored, found the humor bland, the characters one dimentional, et cetera.

Your sig line is something I hope the execs at Lucasfilm take into account for EP IX and beyond. The greatest teacher, failure is.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this. I think this hate TLJ is getting, doesn't come from the movie. I'm really beginning to think that the hate for TLJ is merely a symptom. To me it's clear, that ever since Lucasfilm was sold to Disney, fans have started hating. So any little thing that seems to be out of place, and the fans rip it to shreds.

Wrong. I hate the movie.

I was excited when I heard Disney was taking over.
I enjoyed TFA for the most part.
TLJ is beyond just a bad movie - it's an insult to Star Wars fans.
The only question in my mind about that dumb film is was it a deliberate insult.

Last edited:

What happened to the fans that would defend the dumbest stuff in Star Wars? All these "issues" from hyperspace ramming, the infamous bomber scene, to Rey and Luke, and everything else in between. How come I can come up with explanations for everything? And I don't have any major problems with this stuff? But everyone else seems to shut down. Geeze half the fun of Star Wars is getting to fill in the itty bitty details yourself! As I've stated before TLJ is far from perfect, but it's not as bad as ATOC. And there are a lot of things I would change. But seriously guys, take a step back, become a kid again and use your imagination!
Here's the thing. You are right in saying that all this "hate" is a symptom. It's been mentioned several times before.
If a movie overall works you're more willing to suspend your disbelief. Once the move stops working for you then you start noticing the seams more and more and you sort of start building this list of "things that were horrible and contributed to the movie being a failure". By all means, all 3 Indy films have so much bull in them that I'm happy to get over because the movie works as a whole as a good adventure. Indy 4 however doesn't work for multiple reasons therefore the silly things frustrate me more as well.
That's exactly why I asked a couple of pages back that if the tone of the first scene was played straight and consistent would there really be pages of people screaming about bombs falling in space...?
I call this the "Jar-Jar effect". People were screaming about Jar-Jar ruining Phantom Menace, whereas there were plenty of bigger and more fundamental flaws in TPM including script, pacing, camerawork, direction, motivations, non-relatable characters, etc... It's just that Jar-Jar was an obvious thing that people could put a finger on. Same with the bombers and Rey swinging a lightsaber in whatever way. These are hardly the things that broke the movie for me.

Here's the thing. You are right in saying that all this "hate" is a symptom. It's been mentioned several times before.
If a movie overall works you're more willing to suspend your disbelief. Once the move stops working for you then you start noticing the seams more and more and you sort of start building this list of "things that were horrible and contributed to the movie being a failure". By all means, all 3 Indy films have so much bull in them that I'm happy to get over because the movie works as a whole as a good adventure. Indy 4 however doesn't work for multiple reasons therefore the silly things frustrate me more as well.
That's exactly why I asked a couple of pages back that if the tone of the first scene was played straight and consistent would there really be pages of people screaming about bombs falling in space...?
I call this the "Jar-Jar effect". People were screaming about Jar-Jar ruining Phantom Menace, whereas there were plenty of bigger and more fundamental flaws in TPM including script, pacing, camerawork, direction, motivations, non-relatable characters, etc... It's just that Jar-Jar was an obvious thing that people could put a finger on. Same with the bombers and Rey swinging a lightsaber in whatever way. These are hardly the things that broke the movie for me.

Out of curiosity, what did break the movie for you?

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. I hate the movie.

I was excited when I heard Disney was taking over.
I enjoyed TFA for the most part.
TLJ is beyond just a bad movie - it's an insult to Star Wars fans.
The only question in my mind about that dumb film is was it a deliberate insult.

Beyond bad? An insult? Fascinating choice words. I'd also be curious on what you didn't like about the film.

I think you raise a good point here, but I'd break it down further. I think a lot of the reaction against TLJ and TFA is people just on a gut level not liking it. The endless criticism of this or that aspect of the film is mostly just post hoc justifications for the gut feeling. Basically, an unconscious reaction looking for a conscious basis. In some cases, I think people's criticisms make sense and are valid. In a LOT of cases, I think people are perfectly happy to excuse something identical from a previous film that they liked, whereas they nitpick it to death in the newer films. I think that speaks more to their gut reaction than it does to the validity of their specific criticism.

"I didn't like it because XYZ."

"Did you like this other film?"

"Yes."

"But the other film had XYZ, too."

"Yes, but I liked the other film, so XYZ didn't matter."

So, really, XYZ isn't the issue. The issue is whether you did/didn't like the film at a baseline level. And that's fine. I get that not everyone likes the newer films or TLJ specifically. And I also think there are legitimate complaints that can be leveled against it and legitimate flaws in the film. I just don't think they're unique to TLJ (or TFA, for that matter) in many cases, and that they existed in the OT as well, but it's more that people just like the OT better that lets them ignore that stuff, whereas they just don't like the newer films, and therefore the thing they didn't mind in the old movie rubs them the wrong way in the new one.

I think you raise a good point here, but I'd break it down further. I think a lot of the reaction against TLJ and TFA is people just on a gut level not liking it. The endless criticism of this or that aspect of the film is mostly just post hoc justifications for the gut feeling. Basically, an unconscious reaction looking for a conscious basis. In some cases, I think people's criticisms make sense and are valid. In a LOT of cases, I think people are perfectly happy to excuse something identical from a previous film that they liked, whereas they nitpick it to death in the newer films. I think that speaks more to their gut reaction than it does to the validity of their specific criticism.

"I didn't like it because XYZ."

"Did you like this other film?"

"Yes."

"But the other film had XYZ, too."

"Yes, but I liked the other film, so XYZ didn't matter."

So, really, XYZ isn't the issue. The issue is whether you did/didn't like the film at a baseline level. And that's fine. I get that not everyone likes the newer films or TLJ specifically. And I also think there are legitimate complaints that can be leveled against it and legitimate flaws in the film. I just don't think they're unique to TLJ (or TFA, for that matter) in many cases, and that they existed in the OT as well, but it's more that people just like the OT better that lets them ignore that stuff, whereas they just don't like the newer films, and therefore the thing they didn't mind in the old movie rubs them the wrong way in the new one.

Wonderfully said!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back