Real Life Working Dragon Ball Z Scouter

adiemilio

Hey guys, just wanted to start this thread, since the moment I saw the next video my eagerness to have nothing less as a DBZ Scouter began.

The guy on the video says on the comments that he cannot give the tutorial on how to make one since the display used is no longer manufactured, I really think that is a very lame excuse since there has to be another display in the world that can do the same, it doesn't make sense.

So if anybody knows where we can start, will really appreciate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiKcimY1iEc

Is it just a 2 inch lcd screen wired to a raspberry pi behind an orange reflective visor?

LCD and OLED displays are not the same thing. They are two different technologies . Hopefully you already know this and just chose to not read the description under the video on YouTube. In that description, it states that it is a transparent OLED screen that is no longer manufactured.

I just checked out the video on my phone I didn't look through the description mentioning that it was a transparent OLED display. It wasn't my intent to insult or offend anyone by asking what kind of screen it was...yeesh.

LCD and OLED displays are not the same thing. They are two different technologies . Hopefully you already know this and just chose to not read the description under the video on YouTube. In that description, it states that it is a transparent OLED screen that is no longer manufactured.

yeap it's a transparent screen that's why you can actually see his eye, the electronics are installed in a scouter like the ones sold on ebay, modifiyng the toy scouter is the least of the worries. LCD screens seem to still be avaible by 4Dsystems, the OLED had some manufacturing issues that turned them useless after a while if I'm correct. That was like 2 years ago, and more clear screens are coming up, hopefully there is still a chance OLED 2" inch screens are available... somewhere.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back