Fallout 4

Jeyl

Master Member
fallout.bethesda.com

Countdown is over. WHERE IS YOUR POWER ARMOR?!

1280829872330017353.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, wonder what the story line is for this one. Regardless, I'll probably get it when it goes on sale somewhere for a nice discount and when I have a new PC since I'm not sure my current, ancient PC could handle it, or at least do it any justice.

That's a day 1 purchase for me. I've played F3 and FNV several times each, but I need something fresh !
I'm not overly impressed by the graphics, but that's never been the main asset of the fallout games anyway. Hope it's a fall 2015 release and not 2016 though.

Holy crap that looks good, I love the flashback to the war starting. I always wished they'd kind of done that as a level where you get to live thru the time right before and after. The thing with the graphics is that it still has to have that fallout feel so i'm not sure hyper realistic would work.

All I am hoping for is 3 things. 1) Vehicles, I want to have my own retro-futuristic car, 2) CO-OP multiplayer. Would love to be online with a few friends wandering through the wasteland. 3) a big enough map where I can visit my post-apocalyptic house :)

If the trailer is to be believed, it seems as though your 'Player Character' will be able to talk, ala BioWare Player Characters like Commander Shepard.

I will be very, VERY disappointed if they throw out the character creator and said that this guy was it. Don't you go there Beth.

I like the way Saints Row 4 did it. You can build your character and select from one of the few voices. Worked well, maybe Beth will do something along those lines. That would be cool.

Lets hope Ron Perlman will be one of the voices you can choose if that is the case..

I think every Fallout fan would go for that one. It would be nice if they evolved the franchise a bit more to keep up with other gaming trends without going overboard. Small things always make the best difference.

It looks like they're fully taking advantage of the PS4/xbox 1 abilities when it comes to graphics, npcs, and looks like open world spaces too. I know i'm probably odd but i love finding the old documents in the games telling about how things were before and after the war such as the Survivalist's notes in New Vegas and the records of the BOS founders. I always loved that about post apocalyptic books too. Between this and Mad Max for the ps4 it looks like I'll be visiting some shady places lol.
Oddly enough this is the one game my mom knows anything about and wanted to know when it was coming out so i could preorder it. Kinda hoping in october so i'll have money for the super edition.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's rumored that the character creator may not be in the game. I guess we'll see.

I swear there's a shot of what looks like Classic APA Armor. I'm hoping to see some more retro, that's for sure.

Even if there's no character creator, which i wasn't fond of in 3 or NV, maybe they'll at least go with the way they did characters in Fallout 1 & 2 where you can at least make some choices. I love the fact that there's a suit of armor hanging in a garage and nobody has touched it. Slightly off topic: Wasteland 2 from the creator of Fallout is coming to ps4 and xbox 1. Jeyl well bethesda said that Tactics was partially canon as that game was mentioned in the computer at the Pentagon in fallout 3 so I'm not surprised they included it. I'm wondering what else from the Interplay Fallout 3 game they're including, NV got a lot of stuff from ideas and characters from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That suit hanging in the garage looks like an updated version or variant of the T-45D power armour.

Yup, it is. I'd wager it's an updated version, but we'll see for sure soon enough. I hope they were able to sneak in the T-51b variant as well. Seems like the T-45d is the "main" power armor in the game, like F3.

One thing about Fallout: the power armors never look the same twice due to upgrades/mods/refits. Even the T-51s from the original games and the Bethesda games look different, which i guess could be explained as later models or something much like they explained why the east and west coast vault doors look different.

Even if there's no character creator, which i wasn't fond of in 3 or NV

Silence!! The character creator was a crucial step in the immersive experience of fallout! While I understand having your typical caucasian dark hair male as a place holder is necessary for marketing purposes, Fallout has and always should be about who you want to inhabit this world.

You know which video game character this guy reminds me of?
everymalecharacter_zpsrgcucenm.png

ALL OF THEM!
everyonegetinhere_zps6fof74t3.jpg

Cripes, even Funko Pop Vinyl figures understands that. Look at what they announced today!

Fallout POP Vinyl Figures Revealed

5849_Fallout_Female_Vault_Dweller_med_large_zpsf7hcglfd.jpg

One thing about Fallout: the power armors never look the same twice due to upgrades/mods/refits. Even the T-51s from the original games and the Bethesda games look different, which i guess could be explained as later models or something much like they explained why the east and west coast vault doors look different.

Yeah, it's more a matter of updating the look. The "storyline" considers them (the different T51's) to be the same model. Frankly, I'm looking forward to building all the versions of the different Fallout props, even the games that are considered non-canon like Fallout Tactics. Can't wait to see more of that rather beefy looking T-45d armor from the new game.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back