Lost in Space (Netflix series)

What the hell happened to Parker Posey? She used to be hot but now she just looks...worn out.

Well, she IS a 49 year old woman playing a mentally unstable criminal posing as her sister and later a doctor in order to make a better life for herself/take the easy way out...

Absolutely love it!!! I just wish to robot looked more like...well, a robot!

It's an alien robot, not a human-made robot. You cannot expect human design characteristics in a piece of alien machinery.

You can never go home again.

Now with that being said, I’m watching the TOS Series, just the cast commentary episodes and enjoying every minute of it so...... :lol

What the hell happened to Parker Posey? She used to be hot but now she just looks...worn out.

Part of the make up for the role, she's supposed to look a bit whooped.
She has aged extremely gracefully. But I'm biased and passed 50 myself.

UmiB9x1.jpg

I just finished watching it, and to be honest I am not quite sure how I feel about it. It took them 10 episodes to actually get lost in space. Although, I do appreciate that they took the time to develop the characters before the actual getting lost part happened.

I think the robot was a bit ill contrived. Rather than have just Dr. Smith be somebody we cannot trust, now we don’t know if we can trust of the robot either. And yes, I know he was jettisoned out into space, but we all know that he will be back in season two. There is no other reason why we would be at his home planet at the end of the show. And before you scream spoiler alert, you knew going into the thread we were going to be talking about the show.

I think they set it up for a lots of potential. Let’s see if the season two realizes it. I will wait to pass judgment on it then.

Up to episode 7, enjoying it. So anyone spot while Will was building his model kit of the robot out of kit bashing parts, the Eagle Transporter Airfix body part from Space 1999. (e7) ;-)

Trying to stay spoiler free, was able to watch the first 4 episodes today

I love it so far. Was really skeptical a bout the robot, but like what they are doing with it.

Thought I was going to hate the new dr Smith, but she isn’t too bad... love how there are more survivors, and they didn’t forget West!!

Here’s hoping this show keeps me interested for seasons to come, I haven’t had a good series in a long time..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm up to 5. It's okay, better than I expected but not as good as I had hoped. It's a tad slow, like many ten episode seasons with a five episode plot. :)

I'm still going to see where his goes before passing any final judgement.

My complaint is kind of the opposite. They accomplish way too much in way too short of a period of time. The plot is ambitious and the threats a bit too numerous, but if told across a normal span of 26 episodes, the story could make more logical sense, and some things could be explained better. And maybe some of the challenges could actually be physically possible. ;) They needed better background research. The script was rushed, it feels. Still like the characters, though, and that's what kept me entertained. I'm 2 episodes deep in round 2.

Well, I had a feeling after the first few episodes of Crashed on Planet Canada that the show would probably get on my nerves. It just stinks of being mediocre science fiction. It reminds me a lot of Earth 2. The show has a strange need to bury all the vehicles. Water, Ice, Ash, Tar. I'm only on episode 8, so there might be future scenes of the vehicles going under the surface I have not yet seen. How exciting.

In the absence of creating compelling stories they just had the characters deal with a lot of vehicular issues.

I was a massive fan of the original show. Didn't really care much for the film. I think I liked it more than this show though.

The show has wasted so many opportunities. Dr. Smith isn't even a doctor, or a Smith. Beyond making trouble for no real reason, they gave her nothing else to do.

Major Don West, now just Don West has been reduced to comic relief.

Don't even get me started with the robot. Wow.

Honestly, I would not mind these changes if this had any of the fun or humor of the original. It didn't need to be as light hearted, but some comedy and some real adventure would have been nice.

Naked Mole Rat giving away the ending doesn't even bother me.

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
First it has a quality look and feel of a big budget motion picture.
The kid Will.
The robot.
Location shooting.
Practical effects.
Jupiter 2.
The land Vehicle.

Dislikes:
Smith... Kill her already!
First 6 7 episodes of the mother character, she needed a swift kick in the *&%$!
First 6-7 episodes of the father character, totally emasculated! GROW some balls!
No guns,weapons? REALLY!!!! "Oh lets go gallivanting to distant planets and be completely defenseless".... DUMB-ASS Lefty DERP!!

No guns,weapons? REALLY!!!! "Oh lets go gallivanting to distant planets and be completely defenseless".... DUMB-ASS Lefty DERP!!

They had weapons, but they were reserved to security personnel. The crewman Smith knocked into the airlock was reaching for his sidearm before the doors closed.

I watched the first three.

I enjoyed it, but not as much as I had hoped I would.

I really like the robot, cool design and it’s intriguing...I want to know if it was acting on its own when it was slaughtering humans, or if it had been commanded to do so.

Set and costumes are pretty top notch.

I was a bit worried right at the beginning when the Jupiter 2 sank in the ice...right when they said it might sink in the ice...then a bit later, the water started freezing over, right st the time that the daughter grabbed the battery. Convenient catastrophes there, it seemed.

I’ll watch a few more tonight, then finish up over the next several days.

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
First it has a quality look and feel of a big budget motion picture.
The kid Will.
The robot.
Location shooting.
Practical effects.
Jupiter 2.
The land Vehicle.

Dislikes:
Smith... Kill her already!
First 6 7 episodes of the mother character, she needed a swift kick in the *&%$!
First 6-7 episodes of the father character, totally emasculated! GROW some balls!

Yeah, the lack of any kind of projectile or energy weapons was a big deal. Not really a deal breaker, but come on, they'd of had weapons. Imagine the people who settled the United States trying to head out west without rifles? Robinson and West especially would have been making improvised weapons of some kind if they couldn't have printed them out. But they'd of been printing guns if they could, and not just a pistol. They'd need all manner of rifles and shotguns. MRE's don't last forever. Gotta' find food. Gotta' kill it. Gotta' have something for defense.

I liked the kid playing Will Robinson too. They gave him some interesting things to do, and I thought the actor really pulled it off well. But I also agree, there was too much melodrama. Way too much. I still don't like the way they wrote the robot, or the cliff thing, speaking of.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back