Darth Vader ROTJ Reveal mask My build

Haha...I can give you a icecream with this taste my friend....:lol

19350517mr.jpg

Last edited:
^I'll take it! A delicious facsimile until the real thing comes along... BUT, the Reveal is a VERY nice piece of work with, or without, the kirschtorte!! :D :D

The 9727 Electron tube has copper dynodes. I have a 9596 and 6097 here but cannot remember if they are copper or silver? Without breaking them open... It's been a while since I looked at these tubes..... Years in fact. :)

^I'll take it! A delicious facsimile until the real thing comes along... BUT, the Reveal is a VERY nice piece of work with, or without, the kirschtorte!! :D :D

Haha...thanks James!:D

About the electron tubes: The right ones are very rare now.And its a gamble to have the right ones in your tube.And another problem is that you can have black burned stuff on your dynodes when the tube was used.That is very hard to remove.So I would only use new ones for my mask.And new ones you can buy from James contact.He can send you the dynodes brand-new in little plastic bags!;)

I had a lot of luck with my dynodes...I bought a tube from an electronic hobbyist for 20 Euros...the tube was brandnew and never used.And after opening it at home....Copper!!!Yeah...:D..:

19352076mi.jpg

Oh and if you don´t have so much money to buy the dynodes from the company or no luck on ebay...there is a guy on ebay from UK who makes awesome resincopys of the originals..a lot better as portumacs wrong shape dynodesstuff over the years together..here a pic of the copys with one of my originals..:

19352091iu.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, those copies turned out really nicely. Whoever made them did a great job!

Yes...a very good option if you don´t have the originals.;)

@Marv:It is more than a mark...and it is around the mask..but only in segments.Its easyer to make it complete in the mold and sand the too much areas away when I have a fiberlasscopy.So all is in line the complete way.The white areas is the primer where the paint is gone...so I can paint it very easys after painting the mask with mask gunmetal.I love this lines under the crown of the Originalreveal so I want it on my mask,too.

19355553nf.jpg

19355632ti.jpg

Attachments

• 19355553nf.jpg
    19355553nf.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 250
  • 19355553nf.jpg
    19355553nf.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 234
  • 19355632ti.jpg
    19355632ti.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 225
  • 19355632ti.jpg
    19355632ti.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 215
Last edited by a moderator:
That looks rather stunning indeed ... just about that additional 'line' ... it looks more like an uneven yet straight running crack in the paint . . . so why don't you remove your thin metal wire rather roughly after your final gun metal paint has been applied and dried? Hence you could simulate a rough crack with the primer being revealed ... and yes pun intended ;)

sskunky ... break those open will ya ... pleeaassee?

Chaim

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Chaim...:)

And about the line:It is a mix of cracks and outcoming material over the distance.So the only way to make it right is to glue outcomming material first and sand the other areas away on a finished cast.It can be that there is only a little bit seen after painting because it is very fine.For me the line is important because it gives the ROTJ Reveal his unique look.But technically speaking it is a mistake in the mold and scratched paint...a very famous mistake!:lol

Ok...keys for the crown are all made...:

19409969cz.jpg

Wich one is the replica?...:)..:

19410106ap.jpg

Now I must build all the linkages and contacts on the mask from scratch.:eek:unsure

Great work there Kroenen! you're making me want to blow the dust off my Reveal and get back to work on it!

I noticed a vital piece of equipment for any Reveal builder in a pic of yours on page 1:

- This prop is one major headache to get right!

I told you this allready, but I'll say it here again: You are doing one hell of a job on making this mask accurate!
It looks super clean! I can't wait for you to start putting other detail parts on!
:thumbsup

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back