Dracula Untold (Post-release)

Krull

Sr Member
Searched and found only a release date from that thread,got a trailer now and it looks pretty good:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Dracula Untold

Ha! IMDB confirms that it was partly filmed in Northern Ireland. I figured it was so when vistas reminded me so much of Game of Thrones ...

His armor is outstanding!

tumblr_n7ufxtj6Ut1sml467o1_1280.jpg

It has a nice Hammer Film vibe to it so I do wanna see this,the other thing is I need to look into the actor playing Dracula-look at him in that armor picture above and tell me he doesn't look a lot like Dr.Strange? guy may be perfect for that movie.

Ha! IMDB confirms that it was partly filmed in Northern Ireland. I figured it was so when vistas reminded me so much of Game of Thrones ...

They also borrowed a couple of actors, too. Charles Dance and Art Parkinson are in it.

@CelticRuins, his armor IS absolutely outstanding, some of the best I have seen. But the real questions is; is it as awe-inspiring as Eiko Ishioka's armor from Bram Stoker's Dracula?dracula-untold-vs-bram-stokers-dracula-armor.jpg

@CelticRuins, his armor IS absolutely outstanding, some of the best I have seen. But the real questions is; is it a awe-inspiring as Eiko Ishioka's armor from Bram Stoker's Dracula?View attachment 343377

Nothing can hold a candle to Eiko! (RIP)...Her designs, Coppola's vision and Gary Oldman and Anthony Hopkins performances held that movie up. Keanu and Winona were so bad. SO BAD.

BLOODY BLUE INFERNO! *head desk*

I still love that movie too though. Eiko being one of my all time favorite designers. This new movie does go along with the sense of not making Vlad look like a villain, and more of the hero that he was to his people.

Both of these armors are hot stuff in their own rights ;)!

Yes indeed, filmed in Roe Valley & other locations.....not too far from where I live

J

*Yaaaaaawn* More of the same. This type of "sweeping epic romance" movie already sucked back when they made King Arthur.

More hot guys + fewer shirts = one way it could be improved. :)

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

But this MAY have one thing going for it that most of the vampire/dracula schlock we see so much of today doesnt have, and that is IF this is based on true history and the real Vlad the Impaler. THAT would have merit that most of the other stuff lacks.

Always hated that Dracula armor of eiko. Sorry, but it looked like they just skinned a bat down to the muscle or a cheap dollar store action figure. Don't think it would have worked out well if it wasn't Gary oldman & Dracula in the end.

I don't think this will have much to do with Vlad the Impaler. In the original novel, (which I read for the first time last month) Dracula tells a story about how his family fought in many wars and protected Transylvania/Romania over the centuries. Van Helsing later speculates that Count Dracula himself fought in those wars. From the looks of the trailer the movie will focus on those wars and how the Count came to be a vampire, which are things that aren't talked about very much in the book.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back