"I'm Captain America"

Fly4v

Sr Member
"I'm Captain America"

Inspiration: The same as with the TFA Hero suit, it was Batman in a Lamborghini that inspired me to start doing events as Captain America. This uniform was done before the TFA Hero suit since I already had 90% of the items from a WW2 uniform and it isn’t as scary as the Ultimates leather helmeted uniform.

How long: 16 days, not including relining the jacket was completed later.

Cost: $1056.41 not including shipping, thread and paint.

Tips: Wear gloves when dying leather. Don’t do it in the bathtub or in the house.
Buy an awl and completely disassemble the parts of the jacket that need to be modified. It will look better in the end. Plus, plan on relining the jacket.

Special Thanks to all the other Cap's plus Kevin Gossett and Dan “The Man” for their guidance on how to work with leather.

This and most of my other Captain America stuff is located:
http://www.therpf.com/f24/captain-america-how-exciting-tws-concept-tfa-150663/

Thank you for your interest and please check out my other builds listed in my signature.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Fly4v: yeah,thanks man, i made that months ago, not really completed but i'm kinda ok with it.
your shield, what did you make it of?

Last edited by a moderator:
How did I miss this thread? Too cool for school my man! (y)cool Fantastic work on the costume and shield, the setting for the pictures really puts it over the top, the photoshop is all kinds of awesomeness. :)

How did I miss this thread? Too cool for school my man! (y)cool Fantastic work on the costume and shield, the setting for the pictures really puts it over the top, the photoshop is all kinds of awesomeness. :)

Thanks for the kind words, BD! The finished picks are easily missed since most attention was on the massive Cap build thread and the TFA Hero suit.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back