Building an Ark of the Covenant from our kit

Hi. I write from Spain.

Does anyone know how I can get a pair of sskunky cherubs for the Ark? ( If possible, without metallizing )

Thank you.

I have a set of sskunky's awesome cherubs, but they were already plated. Not sure if they were vac metalized. Will they match already or do they need to be re-plated?

I am working on my ark here, lots to still do but it is coming along...

20181109_203123.jpg

I have a set of sskunky's awesome cherubs, but they were already plated. Not sure if they were vac metalized. Will they match already or do they need to be re-plated?
My first run cherubs were vacuum metalized. If you take them to the chroming company they should be able to colour match. It’s only the gold lacquer that they will need to match. The chroming is just chrome.
If anyone is looking for cherubs I have a run in the junkyard currently running.

Not sure we'll see it as a one day build but Adam's one looks under way. Spotted @ 12:17 on "Adam Savage's One Day Builds: Mortal Engines Hand Cannon!"

Looking good, I´m just working on trying to get this kit :)

Keep the pics coming.

One question about painting, it´s not really feasible for me to have it shipped to be plated, as I live in Iceland and there does not seem to be a plating service here. How could one go about painting it, to get it as close to the prop as possible ?

Looking good, I´m just working on trying to get this kit :)

Keep the pics coming.

One question about painting, it´s not really feasible for me to have it shipped to be plated, as I live in Iceland and there does not seem to be a plating service here. How could one go about painting it, to get it as close to the prop as possible ?

Hi.

Do you know ALSA's Easy Chrome paint system ? You can find some videos on Youtube...

Regards.

The flat top leaves

The flat top leaves are left separate because if you are using the spray chrome process and they are attached to the top, it's easy for impurities to run out from under them if they are not completely sealed on the edges. It isn't really possible to completely seal them to the top. This isn't a problem for you if you are painting it yourself.

On the prop there are two attachement devices that appear to be holding the leaves down to the top. It's unkown what they are so we modeled them and are providing cast pieces. These are also not shiny gold, and appear to be rattle can gold. You can use these to cover screws that you use to hold down the leaves, or they can just be decorative if you glue your leaves down after they are chromed. Your choice.

philip

ark-guide-74.jpg

ark-guide-72.jpg

ark-guide-73.jpg

The lifting rings

The rings will come with the threaded rod ready to put in screw in place. Each leg comes with an internal machined aluminum "nut" that you'll screw your lifting ring into after you put the escutcheon on the threaded rod.

We use red Loctite to fix the threaded rod to the ring. Once you have test fit your ring to each leg, you can either leave them there, or secure them with Loctite as well. I would suggest if you intend to lift it with poles through rings, you secure it in this manner. Since I have never lifted my Ark with poles, I haven't secured mine, so I don't know for a fact they will stay fixed when lifting it. If they do not, then I'd suggest securing them with epoxy in the hole in addition to the red Loctite.

Note, that on the Ark prop, these pieces are not plated with the same shiny gold the Ark is. The finish appears to be just a sprayed rattle can gold paint.

ark-guide-70.jpg

ark-guide-68.jpg

ark-guide-69.jpg
Just read this thread all the way through and thought I would answer your question as to what the 4 machined pieces are on the top of the lid between the leaves. The version touring is the stunt Ark and holes were drilled through the lid to fit wire through for the FX shot when the Ark lid comes crashing down from the heavens. Also the reason the bottom is hollow. The 4 pieces were most likely screws (or similar) of some kid to fill in the holes and not supposed to be part of the original piece. It made me laugh though as the attention to detail on this piece in other worldly and it seemed very fitting they were included.

Just read this thread all the way through and thought I would answer your question as to what the 4 machined pieces are on the top of the lid between the leaves. The version touring is the stunt Ark and holes were drilled through the lid to fit wire through for the FX shot when the Ark lid comes crashing down from the heavens. Also the reason the bottom is hollow. The 4 pieces were most likely screws (or similar) of some kid to fill in the holes and not supposed to be part of the original piece. It made me laugh though as the attention to detail on this piece in other worldly and it seemed very fitting they were included.

That's very kind of you. Thanks.

What a terrific kit. I would love to do something like this but it's going to be a space issue once its competed.

Great. Builds

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back