Introduction and opinions on my ANH Darth Vader

Yea, I know you mentioned it already, but the cape to me is what's throwing it off. The robe(s) appear pretty wide too, but that's more forgivable assuming the cape is placed on there correctly.

As for the helmet, I'd repaint it if at all possible, like one mentioned, the dome. If you do go that route, I'd also thin out the return edge along the front part of the dome that flairs out along the sides, as those look pretty wide and sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

That is actually a very good starting point. Better then what I started with 7 years ago.

Like others said the armor needs more reworking if you want to achieve the look. The gloves and cod piece need to go and the body suit looks odd to me. It does not appear to be leather. The green squares on the belt boxes should not be a round circle. The entire square is a green cover over the light.

That cape does need fixed even if you didn't want to be soo screen accurate. It looks like the collar is 10 feet wide(a little exaggeration) and the front is against the neck making it drape that way. What material did you use for the cape? It looks a little on the light side. The original capes were made of very heavy wool and the weight does affect the drape and flow. Too light and it will go everywhere. For example my old cape was very light and because of that it flapped in the wind like a flag at a Christmas parade years ago.

You are certainly in the right direction. Looking good and keep up the good work.

I know it's an old thread but here's some input for future Vader's that might find this.

First of all, you look great.

As others mentioned, the cod your using is more like the one used on Rogue One. It's big and puffy, which changes how you look when trying to achieve the ANH appearance.

Your gloves are incorrect. It looks like you're using smooth gauntlets, when ANH should be ribbed along the top the forearm.

The cape needs to fall at more of a triangle. I think you addressed this already.

Lastly, the tunic should be worn to cover more of the cod. Check the cape angle on the sides of the chest box as well. Use the 501st legion costume reference library for more detail.

Remember to pair like Vader. You are the literal personification of death. Nothing will escape you under any circumstances, so everything happens according to your timeline.

I hope you have had many years of great use from your amazing suit.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back