delete

Re: Blade Runner 2049 - Officer K - Coat + Badge + ID + Blaster Costume (8 Hour Build

Great idea on the badge! :thumbsup

Re: Blade Runner 2049 - Officer K - Coat + Badge + ID + Blaster Costume (8 Hour Build

Great job, that coat looks infinitely better than any of the ****ty leather replicas I've seen from those sketchy jacket sites.

You nailed it! Well done sir

You're too hard on yourself mate...I find the coat to be very well made; looks good from where I'm standing (apart from the letter/number at the back...but that's for next time;))

So sick, mate.

That wallet and badge look fantastic. Shoot, it all looks great.

Awesome job! Love the badge idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome! Very nicely done! I'd love a badge/ID like that.

very impressed! great work, especially considering your budget and the time constraints. that jacket turned out great, everything looks awesome!

You achieved the look very well! I agree with everyone, that badge & ID look great!!!

Awesome work. Wish I had the sewing skills to pull something like that off.
You really look the part too.

Have to be careful with most of those web sites. I usually read some of the descriptions and blurb sections, you can pretty soon pick up on the bad English translations and figure out if they are the lower end sweatshop type outfit.

I ended up staying close to the RPF and going with Magnoli. Very excited to receive that.

Uridium what color did you end up going with on the Magnoli coat?

Last edited by a moderator:

Timtastic I am going with the Black WaxedCotton? (whatever the not leather material is).

I talked to Magnoli and he said it was more of a charcoal, plus I already have enough green coats. (I'm not exactly going for screen replica, I want it more for the BR 'style' and to use it as a wearable jacket)

Last edited by a moderator:

So I've always been obsessed with Blade Runner and I freaking loved 2049. We've all been pining over that Officer K jacket. I wanted to be Officer K for Halloween so about two months ago I purchased one of the eBay Officer K jackets. It was about $180. It seemed as if it was coming from Canada but unfortunately it came from a Chinese supplier and we all know they're usually not what the pictures imply.
View attachment 769738

If you're thinking about getting this jacket, save your money. It's extremely bad PU Leather and has a really bad smell.

View attachment 769999

So with a few day out from a Halloween party I went to Joanne Fabrics and purchased the supplies needed to make it at home. Now I'm not the greatest at sewing but I was able to get enough material to make a decent replica:

DUCK CANVAS - OLIVE ($6.99/yd)
FAUX FUR - BROWN SHERPA ($7.99/yd)

I did three yards of each, I was going to buy the MCCALL's 7374 Trench Pattern.

View attachment 770001
View attachment 769740

I think is a really good base for this coat if you're making it on your own, but it wouldn't get here in time so I made my own pattern on a roll of paper. After cutting the pattern I did a couple of weathering washes. Once with a full packet of Black Rit Dye and then I literally poured coffee all over it. I washed and dried it and it, then sewed everything together. From there I took two bars of Paraffin Wax and a heat gun to seal the canvas just like it is in the film.

Now the jacket isn't perfectly screen accurate, but it has a better color than that horrid eBay coat, and I made it in under 8 hours for under $80. If you're a better seamster than I am, you can make something similar, save that money and make it on your own.

View attachment 770002
View attachment 770004
View attachment 770005

Now for the blaster I 3D printed from a file on Thingiverse in three different parts, then drilled into them to put a RED LED FIARY LIGHT at the on the barrel.

View attachment 770006

View attachment 770003

The switch was hid inside the handle, with wood filler to hold it in place and carbon fiber wrapping on the exterior.

The Badge was also 3D printed, I didn't have time to use an epoxy to smooth it, and sadly I ended up using the wrong file for the actual print. I will be uploading the file to Thingiverse in case other want to print them and doing a limited run of selling the badge + gun combo on eBay/Etsy.

and the ID was achieved by using a 4.3" video greeting card I purchased from eBay that I tore up and put inside a 5" NYLON BADGE WALLET. It's pretty cool because you can use a mini-SD card to program a video or image to loop and the battery is rechargeable via micro-USB.

View attachment 770007

All in all I'm pretty happy, I'll likely be doing a V2 but one where I can take my time. Just do not, whatever you do, do not buy the ****ty jackets from eBay, wrong material, wrong price and wrong everything.

View attachment 770011
View attachment 770010
View attachment 770009
View attachment 770008
View attachment 770013

Hope you all enjoy!
That is a phenomenal job on everything, especially given the time crunch!! Excellent!!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I talked to Magnoli and he said it was more of a charcoal, plus I already have enough green coats. (I'm not exactly going for screen replica, I want it more for the BR 'style' and to use it as a wearable jacket)

I also opted for Indy's black waxed cotton version. Contemplated getting the green for a while, but like you I also already have plenty of green jackets. Figured black would be a bit easier to match with my everyday wardrobe. Plus, according to the product shots of Indy's waxed adventure jacket, the black waxed cotton does indeed have a charcoal look to it, more so under certain lighting. Placed my order about three and a half weeks ago or so, hoping for a shipping notification within the next two weeks.

Lunsfuhd, again, amazing work. let us know if you decide to do a run. :thumbsup

Last edited:

This is all brilliant, but that badge is a particularly smart trick.

I’m really impressed with this, I’m thinking about tackling the badge/ID.

I thought I might use a piece of EL sheet with a transparency over it, then I thought about edge lighting a piece of frosted acrylic... but you’ve outsmarted me with your greeting card solution!

Great stuff!

Great job on everything, it would take me ages to get that together let alone your time frame.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back