Jurassic Park 3 stunt double outfit-is it real or fake?

Petar

Hello everybody,

I saw one screenworn outfit from Jurassic Park 3 on eBay and i would like to know is it real deal or fake,considering it's from Premiere Props.
Guy who sells it claims it's complete outfit,but COA says it's blouse not complete outfit...
I'm thinking about sending PM to seller and asking him would he like to exchange for my screenworn shirt by Alessandro Nivola (Jurassic Park 3).
Problem is,he's already selling same shirt i got,but for higher price.
Here is link of his costume:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEVER-TO-...ic-Park-III-/321922660455?hash=item4af415f867
I would also like to ask you to tell me how much would that outfit be on screen,since it's from Stunt Double,because to me,the most important thing on prop is how much and where was it on movie so please tell me approximately.
Another problem is,that i saw same prop on Prop Store so i don't know which one is real:
http://www.propstore.com/product/jurassic-park-iii/amanda-kirbys-tea-leoni-distressed-wardrobe/
If you have time,please answer it's really important.

Last edited:
Hello everybody,

I saw one screenworn outfit from Jurassic Park 3 on eBay and i would like to know is it real deal or fake,considering it's from Premiere Props.
Guy who sells it claims it's complete outfit,but COA says it's blouse not complete outfit...
I'm thinking about sending PM to seller and asking him would he like to exchange for my screenworn shirt by Alessandro Nivola (Jurassic Park 3).
Problem is,he's already selling same shirt i got,but for higher price.
Here is link of his costume:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEVER-TO-...ic-Park-III-/321922660455?hash=item4af415f867
I would also like to ask you to tell me how much would that outfit be on screen,since it's from Stunt Double,because to me,the most important thing on prop is how much and where was it on movie so please tell me approximately.
Another problem is,that i saw same prop on Prop Store so i don't know which one is real:
http://www.propstore.com/product/jurassic-park-iii/amanda-kirbys-tea-leoni-distressed-wardrobe/
If you have time,please answer it's really important.
The prop store is typically for the screen used items so I think the prop store is better then the ebay one.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

As for coming from Premiere Props, the Jurassic Park III items are okay. PP got them directly from the studio, and it was back before they got into all the shady stuff they do now. So, as for the eBay auction, I would trust the blouse and the COA. As you noted, the COA does just mention the blouse, so I'd ask the seller where the other items came from and if they have separate COAs or not. But it is very possible that they were part of the original auction, just not mentioned on the COA.

The one on Propstore's site seems to be more of a hero outfit (actually worn by Tea Leoni, not just her stunt double). So that would make it more valuable, thus the higher price.

I don't doubt that either one of them are real, just depends on what you want. As for screen-used time, there's no way to guarantee for sure, but since stunt outfits are usually only used during actual stunts or in situations where the actor could be injured, they tend to have less screen time. You likely wouldn't find the eBay item on screen on any closeups of her character, but you might be able to screen-match the Propstore one. They have many duplicates of any wardrobe used, so there could be several real ones out there, both hero and stunt.

That rule tends to reverse itself for props (especially weapons). The stunt rubber/plastic ones tend to get used more as the more expensive-to-make (and/or dangerous) hero weapons are reserved for close-ups or scenes where it actually needs to fire. (If it's a live-fire gun, that also means an armorer on set as well, so if it's not actually being fired, it's usually a rubber replica).

I'd stay away from Premier Props all together. Wether authentic or not, you'll suffer with the continuous calls and crap excuses when you never receive your items. Only to receive them months later. They are just not worth it for me.

He's not trying to buy it from PP, but was just curious if the COA was legit (the items were sold by PP years ago).

But, yeah, I agree with your statement regardless. Not a company you actually want to do business with.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back