Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon

My son will love this! He has the Target Fett and BS Stormtrooper.

For the price it can't be beat!
That Target Fett was the BOMB, especially for the price, and but for the speaker grill, the BS TK looks terrific, even next to my Anovos bucket. I think that's (fairly) what's got people so irritated about this Vader - they've really produced some nice pieces in this line, that didn't sacrifice size or accuracy like the Vader does.

When I was 6 years old, I was reading an avengers comic book and I decided I wanted to be like Thor one day. When I told my mom she laughed and said "okay". So I set out on my adventure in building a full-scaled Thor hammer, and I think it turned out decent. I took that thing everywhere with me for the next few days and in my mind it was cool, but after a week or so it was just heavy, bulky, unnecessarily big, and I looked rediculous hauling around a big out-of-scaled hammer around with me. So my mom made me one scaled to me and it wasn't such a pain to haul it around, and play with it anymore because it was scaled to me at the time. I know I still have it somewhere...

My point is, hasbro is a toy company.. producing toye made for kids... They should probably be scaled for kids anyways despite the packaging size or the shipping costs. If Hasbro wanted to make products just for adults, they would probably make a "collectors line" of products, that most likely wouldn't just be sold in the local targets and Walmarts. Those little kids are just like us at one point and see those inaccurate Vader helmets how we saw the Don post helmets back in the day. Look at it from their perspective and stop looking at it like a collector.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Hello why do people ignore the other helmets Hasbro made. THEY ARE 1:1 scaled. NOT scaled down. People keep saying what you said in this thread yet not realizing the quality put in to the other helmets.

Hello why do people ignore the other helmets Hasbro made. THEY ARE 1:1 scaled. NOT scaled down. People keep saying what you said in this thread yet not realizing the quality put in to the other helmets.
I get that.. I do, but let's go back to Don post, and rubies.. for some reason the Vader dome has ALWAYS been the one helmet to get scaled down. Scout helmets are 1:1, boba Fett helmets 1:1, Stormtrooper helmets 1:1, tusken raider masks 1:1, hell even the 3po masks were 1:1! The Vader helmet is always the one to get sized down, and I'm not 100% why. It's not because they are cheap or they are too bad at their jobs its just how it's worked for the past 40 years. If that disappoints someone then it just does. This is what they have come up with and you can buy it or not, but I'm gonna grab it because it's Vader! To me, it's the concept of it that matters..

Not true. Everyone here realizes what you're saying. No one is ignoring anything. We simply understand that each situation is unique. There are many factors that go into creating these products. Just because Hasbro may have had multiple sources of reference for one helmet does not guarantee they have that for everything. We don't know the exact details and based on the fact they have produced quality products in the past, we give them the benefit of the doubt that they've done the best they possibly could in this instance. Its the people crying foul that assume the opposite.

I get that.. I do, but let's go back to Don post, and rubies.. for some reason the Vader dome has ALWAYS been the one helmet to get scaled down. Scout helmets are 1:1, boba Fett helmets 1:1, Stormtrooper helmets 1:1, tusken raider masks 1:1, hell even the 3po masks were 1:1!

I can't attest to all of those, but no, the DP/Rubies Scout and Boba Fett aren't 1:1. There was some shrinkage in their mould-making off the originals they were given. The Boba's shrinkage isn't massive, but noticable when placed side-by-side with a true 1:1. The Scout is a little shrinkier, such that it's only suitable for shorter/more petite people to wear without looking like pinheads. This is why the ongoing delay of the eFX Scout is so aggravating. The worst offender was the original DP Royal Guard. THat shrank so much it's egregious. When I could scrape it on over my cheeks, sitting flat on the top of my head -- no padding --- the shoulder flares hung a good two to three inches above my shoulders.. Sitting next to their actual 1:1 Rubies Supreme Royal Guard helmet, it's a massive difference. I swear, that Supreme Guard utterly astonishes me. It was so out of character for the company. It's solid, sturdy fiberglass, true 1:1, an utterly accurate recreation (save for the visor color) of the original prop, and the right color, even. Their new, injection-molded Boba Fett is even better, in that it's lightweight, durable, easy to mod, and inexpensive. Plus it retains accuracy while evening out the symmetry -- my one big gripe with most Star Wars helmets. This is why I wept tears of joy over the Black Series Stormtrooper.

But now, the Vader isn't the only helmet DP/Rubies dropped the ball on as far as scaling issues. Not by a long shot.

As for this Vader...? Hell, even as foreshortened as the neck is, I still prefer it over just how absolutely wonky the original Vader mask was. The "purists" can hate on me all they want, but from the first time I noticed how melty-swoopy the neckline of that thing was, I can't unsee it ever.

--Jonah

I always figured Rubies/Don Post scaled Vader helmets down because it is such a huge helmet that most people who just want to wear them for halloween would look like ridiculous bobble heads and likely woudn't be that interested. It seems that some of the frustration with this current helmet, for us as prop collectors, is that Hasbro put so much into it-the reveal parts, opening neck brace, cool breathing effects-that why not make it full size? I get it. But I wonder if they too fear the dreaded bobble head, and wanted to make something smaller for more general public use? I have the Kylo, Stormtrooper, and Poe helmets, but even at 1:1 scale, they are nowhere near as big as a full scale Vader. Like I mentioned in a previous post, most people who see my Vader helmet are struck by how big it is, followed by them saying, "No way was his helmet that big!" I know it's frustrating for us propsters, but this is a toy company making some pretty cool stuff.

I can't attest to all of those, but no, the DP/Rubies Scout and Boba Fett aren't 1:1. There was some shrinkage in their mould-making off the originals they were given. The Boba's shrinkage isn't massive, but noticable when placed side-by-side with a true 1:1. The Scout is a little shrinkier, such that it's only suitable for shorter/more petite people to wear without looking like pinheads. This is why the ongoing delay of the eFX Scout is so aggravating. The worst offender was the original DP Royal Guard. THat shrank so much it's egregious. When I could scrape it on over my cheeks, sitting flat on the top of my head -- no padding --- the shoulder flares hung a good two to three inches above my shoulders.. Sitting next to their actual 1:1 Rubies Supreme Royal Guard helmet, it's a massive difference. I swear, that Supreme Guard utterly astonishes me. It was so out of character for the company. It's solid, sturdy fiberglass, true 1:1, an utterly accurate recreation (save for the visor color) of the original prop, and the right color, even. Their new, injection-molded Boba Fett is even better, in that it's lightweight, durable, easy to mod, and inexpensive. Plus it retains accuracy while evening out the symmetry -- my one big gripe with most Star Wars helmets. This is why I wept tears of joy over the Black Series Stormtrooper.

But now, the Vader isn't the only helmet DP/Rubies dropped the ball on as far as scaling issues. Not by a long shot.

As for this Vader...? Hell, even as foreshortened as the neck is, I still prefer it over just how absolutely wonky the original Vader mask was. The "purists" can hate on me all they want, but from the first time I noticed how melty-swoopy the neckline of that thing was, I can't unsee it ever.

--Jonah
Well then I stand corrected, and I thank you for your input[emoji16]

Thats crazy I missed the vid too.

The thing is def undersized but I think that had to happen or a price hike too almost double the price.

A screen accurate sized Vader lid is huge already, then add in.... its like the mask part is as big as the iron man lid (nearly) and then Vaders dome/helmet is as big as a xwing helmet (nearly).

So first you need all that, then add a seriously over the top reveal feature, then add electronics, then sell it for a third of the price of the EFX ?

Its never going to be that, not for the Black Series price point.

I would have liked all that to happen and i'd pay double for the pleasure, but as it is If i get, it I'll be chopping it up :)

Double plastic must not be 1:1 the double price.And I would pay the double price for an accurate helmetbase.

I always figured Rubies/Don Post scaled Vader helmets down because it is such a huge helmet that most people who just want to wear them for halloween would look like ridiculous bobble heads and likely woudn't be that interested. It seems that some of the frustration with this current helmet, for us as prop collectors, is that Hasbro put so much into it-the reveal parts, opening neck brace, cool breathing effects-that why not make it full size? I get it. But I wonder if they too fear the dreaded bobble head, and wanted to make something smaller for more general public use? I have the Kylo, Stormtrooper, and Poe helmets, but even at 1:1 scale, they are nowhere near as big as a full scale Vader. Like I mentioned in a previous post, most people who see my Vader helmet are struck by how big it is, followed by them saying, "No way was his helmet that big!" I know it's frustrating for us propsters, but this is a toy company making some pretty cool stuff.

Yes I also think thats the point.From the costumeside a 1:1 Vader is too big for kids and most people outthere.If you not have an accurate Armor a real Vaderhelmet looks like a bubblehead.And I think Hasbro don´t want that effekt with their toyrevealmask.I think that is the wrong way..but from the kidsside its the right one.

65d20c282fd9e19a9c002f7f881f0b65.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sick and tired of this toy ****. Don't come around and produce EXCELLENT 1:1 helmets and then release this thing.

the old Stormtrooper helmets were undersized. Both the old Don Post and the current Rubies are undersized and look like ****. Hasbro has upped the game on the TK and has even beaten the EFX PCR. That is why I am angry at the new Vader Reveal. IT DROPS THE DAMN BALL HASBRO HAS SET.

Ok, if you're getting this angry and bent out of shape over a toy (and make no mistake, all of the things we discuss here basically amount to toys), then it may be time to take a step back and gain some perspective.

ROFL !!!!

Oh god this whole thread is hysterical. [emoji23]

Hasbro didn’t make an accurate helmet replica and everyone is having a tissy fit? Whoa!!! Shocker!!! How many accurate helmets HAVE they made again?

You can’t get an accurate Vader helmet for $100 ?? I’m so sorry guys. Let’s all go to therapy together and working out our feelings.

The EFX for $299 is an excellent Vader helmet. I’m no fan of Gino’s but they’ve done a really good job and I’ll give them credit. Their price is incredibly reasonable for the level of accuracy and detail given.

I’m sorry to be so dickish about it but you guys sound like people complaining that you’re parents bought you a USED car for your 16th birthday. These are 1st world problem folks.

It’s a toy. Looks like fun for kids to play with. Hell, I’ll be buying one for my son. Nice job on a cool toy design Hasbro. EFX kudos for making a great Vader helmet replica for $299.

Life’s good folks!

I was hoping for something fantastic from Hasbro. Both my friend and I speculated they would release something grand after seeing the first 3. I am really passionate when it comes to Vader as he is my all time favorite character in the fictional universe. I expected more from Hasbro since they set the bar high on the BS and marvel helmets. Imo they have crushed Rubies and EFX. Now this is helmet is ranked below Rubies in terms of the look.

I know Hasbro is a toy company. But you guys can not sit there and tell me the BS helmets did not spill over into the adult prop collecting community on purpose by Hasbro.

I know I may have taken it to far but I really was looking forward to something better. Oh well...you guys have fun with it. The 3 piece reveal and sound FX is really state of the art for something of this level.

1. The Kylo BS helmet is terrible. We’ve stopped recommending them because the mods to make approvable are to much of a PItA.

2. I don’t know a single 501st TK using the BS helmet.

3. Even their sabers are far from prop accurate. The Kylo is huge. The Rey and Luke Re also totally off.

That’s ok! They make toys and really nice ones.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back