Another Ding-Dang PKD

Loving the black Grips man, you're inspiring me to get another Tomenosuke at some point and modding it up to a custom Police version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just made an acquisition that ought to help me get my grips & grip-frame accurate.

nImfQLW.jpg

:cool

Please do! I've been working on grips of my own but can't find reasonably priced checkering tools to finish up the, uh, checkering.

Please do! I've been working on grips of my own but can't find reasonably priced checkering tools to finish up the, uh, checkering.

Yeah it seems like nobody has them in stock right now. I found my set on eBay for like $40, and then I ordered another couple of cutters. I think the 18 LPI cutters I used produce a slightly finer checkering than I think is on the actual grips. 16 LPI cutters would probably look more accurate, they're just out of stock almost everywhere as well. Even on gunsmith forums people are wondering what's going on. Keep an eye on eBay, though, because Brownell's and Midway both don't have any restock dates listed yet.

I just broke down and bought a set of old checkering tools for 35 bucks on the 'Bay. No listing on what lines or angles are but I'll figure it out.:unsure

Amazing! What’s your plan for these other than for reference? Will they adorn a blaster or are they too fragile for use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look a little fragile in the pictures. They'll definitely be coming off the MDF if it's possible without damaging them. Other than reference, they'll probably end up in a nice shadow-box on display :) Can't wait for them to get here, so I can get started on this thing again! Sad I missed my soft deadline of the 2049 premier... should be worth it though.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back