Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

Oh, I see. I'll take a guess and say the Falcon features in the third act and the film ends with Han winning it from Lando in the "as new" livery since Lando is so fastidious. :)

"You know that ship saved my life quite a few times, she's the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy" - Lando. Sounds like the Falcon had already been modified to some extant at the time Lando owned her.

"You know that ship saved my life quite a few times, she's the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy" - Lando. Sounds like the Falcon had already been modified to some extant at the time Lando owned her.

Good point. Cosmetically though it may look the same through the film and be already modified.

Has anybody seen those images where there's supposedly a Mando silhouette in the background. I guess I'm not buying it. To me, it looks like it could be anything.

What do you guys think?

Has anybody seen those images where there's supposedly a Mando silhouette in the background. I guess I'm not buying it. To me, it looks like it could be anything.

What do you guys think?
Haven't seen that... Maybe try to find one real quick and post it?

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Good point. Cosmetically though it may look the same through the film and be already modified.

I always considered the Falcon like an old car (or truck?) that wasn't that popular. Maybe a Dodge or something. Inexpensive to acquire and make modifications to. Probably what Uncle George had in mind. Didn't he say once that the ship was supposed to be like a dragster?

Haven't seen that... Maybe try to find one real quick and post it?

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

I've seen this posted in a few places on Facebook.

21586635_10209587081544850_4751317338250606532_o.jpg

I know this doesn't make sense, since it's 40 years in the past, but could it be one of these guys? You can see the shoulder armor in that shot and it appears to match up, to me.

000263250hr_full_length.jpg

I know this doesn't make sense, since it's 40 years in the past, but could it be one of these guys? You can see the shoulder armor in that shot and it appears to match up, to me.

It could be... but I'm also seeing that flip-down sensor doo-dad, like Fett has on his helmet.
The one thing making me question that silhouette as a Mandalorian is where the neck is in relation to the helmet.
Looks oddly too far forward. I guess it could just be a weird angle...

In my head-canon since I was a kid, Fett and Han knew each other previous to the events of ESB.
They both smuggled for Jabba, so it makes sense that their paths would have crossed in the past.
They may have even worked together.
(I am, of course, totally discounting their little run-in in the Special Additions. That never happened.)

I remember from somewhere (was it the Boba Fett action figure card?) that the braids on his shoulder were Wookie braids,
and there was a lot of conjecture back then that Han saved Chewie from Fett (It was pretty generally accepted that Fett was a Wookie slaver).
Additionally, in ROTJ Han knew Fett's name, and practically panicked when Chewie called out his warning to him on the skiff.
("Boba Fett? Boba Fett? Where?")
While he may have been formally introduced to Fett at Darth's impromptu dinner party, I think it's more likely that he and Chewie share a past with Boba Fett.
All they could have gleaned from their run-in with him on Bespin was that he was cunning.
But Han's reaction to him on Tatooine suggests that they also knew he was dangerous.

I'll actually be disappointed if Boba Fett isn't in this.
And I pray to Cthulu that they ignore EVERYTHING pertaining to Fett in the prequels.

This movie had about as much chance of not showing any Boba Fett or Mandalorian armor as it did of not featuring the Millennium Falcon.

I remember from somewhere (was it the Boba Fett action figure card?) that the braids on his shoulder were Wookie braids,
and there was a lot of conjecture back then that Han saved Chewie from Fett (It was pretty generally accepted that Fett was a Wookie slaver).

I remember a publicity shot they used on a poster after Empire came out. I don't recall if it was ever officially confirmed, but my friends and I all assumed that was a Wookie scalp on his belt:

Vintage-Fett-Poster1.jpg

I pray to all that is holy that they do not have Fett in this dumpster fire of a film. The prequels damaged the character enough. Please do not lump him in with another half-baked idea.

It looks like mando armor on a mannequin, which would make sense judging by the rest of the set.

Also, I always figured the falcon had belonged to and been modified by more people than Lando before it went to Han.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back