Walking Dead Rick Jacket

There's quite a demand just from this thread alone, I figure once a finished product is released demand would skyrocket if we cross-posted this on TWD subreddit or other cosplay forums for Walking Dead. Is the price non-negotiable? One of the main selling points was the low price ($160 including shipping) coupled with their openness to requests, we've been going back and forth with them for months now while we dissected the jacket from the show. This has been quite a difficult project since we don't have any fabric samples from the jacket itself, we've pretty much been using reference photos from set pictures from the show as well as a couple OEM jackets. We only recently got measurements for a size Large, so we're not entirely sure how that would scale for different sizes (S, M, XL, etc) but in earlier comments we've compiled measurements, fabrics, and other details.

Hey @Like Mike , did you ever make a definitive imgur post for the completed details/measurements or am I thinking of two different albums?

There is details in here somewhere so you should definitely read it all event though if it takes some time. Went pretty in detail on the collar and the back. Do you know how long it would be before we could eventually see the prototype?

I've got all the info, measurement and plenty of photos. We'll get moving on this asap, not sure how long it'll take to source all the correct materials though. I'll get back as soon as I have more info.

A few weeks ago I also measured my XL UGG jacket. So we have now both measurements of the L and the XL jacket.

I've also updated my measurements and pictures a bit. Nothing too dramatic, but I've made a couple of changes:

1) The collars of the L and the XL differ around 0,5 cm in length (6,6 vs, 7,1 cm) so I put both collars to 7 cm length instead of 6,5 cm.
2) Also the shape of the inner waist pockets have been updated.
3) I've also found out what tape color is used for the zippers of the jacket (a standard YKK color code).
4) As for the snap buttons, the jacket seems to have 10 mm studs and 14 mm caps, but these aren't standard sized buttons. If you want the studs to be 10 mm you end up with slightly smaller caps (around 12 mm) but if you want to have 14 mm caps you end up with MASSIVELY bigger studs (14 mm). I'm not sure if it's possible to have the original button sizes, but if I'd have to choose, I'd probably go for the smaller ones and maybe figure out later on how I can get the caps to be bigger.

Are you able to get some close up pics in good lighting of the suede/lycra/lining on your UGG jacket to show Indy Magnoli, so they have an idea what to source, seeing as this sounds like a new project for them, may aswell try and get it right from the start.

There are already plenty of pictures around here that would do a much better job at capturing the color than I can with my iffy camera. Truth is also that the colors of the ribbed fabric is hard to get right by using pictures, because under different lighting circumstances it's dark brown, reddish brown and even greyish brown. A similar story for the suede and stitch thread. It's hard to put your finger on when you're just using pictures. Best thing would be to collect color samples. That would take some time.

But here's a collection of general impressions that show the color best:

0) MATERIALS (1).jpg0) MATERIALS (2).jpg0) MATERIALS (3).jpg

Last edited:
A few weeks ago I also measured my XL UGG jacket. So we have now both measurements of the L and the XL jacket.

I've also updated my measurements and pictures a bit. Nothing too dramatic, but I've made a couple of changes:

1) The collars of the L and the XL differ around 0,5 cm in length (6,6 vs, 7,1 cm) so I put both collars to 7 cm length instead of 6,5 cm.
2) Also the shape of the inner waist pockets have been updated.
3) I've also found out what tape color is used for the zippers of the jacket (a standard YKK color code).
4) As for the snap buttons, the jacket seems to have 10 mm studs and 14 mm caps, but these aren't standard sized buttons. If you want the studs to be 10 mm you end up with slightly smaller caps (around 12 mm) but if you want to have 14 mm caps you end up with MASSIVELY bigger studs (14 mm). I'm not sure if it's possible to have the original button sizes, but if I'd have to choose, I'd probably go for the smaller ones and maybe figure out later on how I can get the caps to be bigger.

There are already plenty of pictures around here that would do a much better job at capturing the color than I can with my iffy camera. Truth is also that the colors of the ribbed fabric is hard to get right by using pictures, because under different lighting circumstances it's dark brown, reddish brown and even greyish brown. A similar story for the suede and stitch thread. It's hard to put your finger on when you're just using pictures. Best thing would be to collect color samples. That would take some time.

But here's a collection of general impressions that show the color best:

View attachment 733031View attachment 733032View attachment 733033

In terms of the measurements, if you still have those pictures with the measurement lines across etc, edit those and upload to here, I will then alter the imgur album and upload your new images with the new measurements. Indy Magnoli can then use these.

If you also want to put the XL measurements on a separate copy of the same images with the measurement lines, I can create a separate album for this too. Wouldn't affect me as such as I'd want a Medium or Large, but upto you.

I've got all the info, measurement and plenty of photos. We'll get moving on this asap, not sure how long it'll take to source all the correct materials though. I'll get back as soon as I have more info.

Most upto date link for a size large with more details:
http://imgur.com/a/CFTBt

Ignore the last link i sent for measurements, this one is most upto date.

Also probably don't need the other link I sent anymore as that was more specific to improvements for Suzahdi, so use the above link.

Well I messaged suzadhi thismornin and instantly they wrote back....same ol response "owww were consumed with hundreds of orders for all other jackets..I will check with our 3 head tailors and see where we are at"...Mmmmhmm...same ol same ol.

Only bad thing bout it is the lining..Ive got 2 of em and Im a real **** when it comes to this jacket so if suzadhi pulls it off....if they EVER pull it of I'l get one.

Only bad thing bout it is the lining..Ive got 2 of em and Im a real **** when it comes to this jacket so if suzadhi pulls it off....if they EVER pull it of I'l get one.

ive got the white sheep version, posted tonnes of pics earlier on the thread. it has quite a bit wrong with it conpared to what we're looking at with indy magnoli e.g. shearling is synthetic, stitching is pretty messy in places, suede is too stiff and not really soft/smooth enough for what it should be i dont think (correct me on the feel/quality of the suede Razor1986 seeing as you have both versions) tonnes of little details that are just wrong or out of place, lining is thin and crap, likely to tear probably, plus the shape is just weird, like a biker jacket or something lol, the shoulders also look like youre wearing a suit. id rather wait and pay 50-100£ more for a much higher quality version (based on what we've seen from indy magnoli)

Last edited by a moderator:
ive got the white sheep version, posted tonnes of pics earlier on the thread. it has quite a bit wrong with it conpared to what we're looking at with indy magnoli e.g. shearling is synthetic, stitching is pretty messy in places, suede is too stiff and not really soft/smooth enough for what it should be i dont think (correct me on the feel/quality of the suede @Razor1986 seeing as you have both versions) tonnes of little details that are just wrong or out of place, lining is thin and crap, likely to tear probably, plus the shape is just weird, like a biker jacket or something lol, the shoulders also look like youre wearing a suit. id rather wait and pay 50-100£ more for a much higher quality version (based on what we've seen from indy magnoli)

Basically what you said. The suede is is way to hairy/pilling, the lining is paper thin and already torn at the seams at the sides, the synthetic fur is meh, I also miss stitches at the arms. The quality is "meh" and I wouldn't recommend it. Maybe it's a bit better now, but I wouldn't put my money on it.

The UGG jacket breathes quality. The texture of the suede is very smooth and the lining is very solid. Also the difference between synthetic fur and real fur is very much noticeable. Model-wise I don't get pointy shoulders, but instead very naturally rounded shoulders. But you also get plenty of room between the arm holes and the armpits and the arm holes don't cut that much inwards which also helps a lot.

Last edited:
I have the UGG jacket in medium and can provide measurements if needed, apart from the original collar which I got cut down long ago. I also have the white sheep and another earlier copy and agree that the difference between them and the real thing is night and day

I have the UGG jacket in medium and can provide measurements if needed, apart from the original collar which I got cut down long ago. I also have the white sheep and another earlier copy and agree that the difference between them and the real thing is night and day
Yes please! If you can, also provide pictures of the jacket as well as a fit check of you wearing it, I'm just curious to see if a medium or large would fit me better and it would help a lot if you provided your fit (height, weight, build) as well

Yep if you could that would be great. And as nladyman said, if you could show us some pics of you in it and let us know your height/build etc that would help a lot, thanks :).
If you're okay to take the same measurements as Razor1986 did for his Large and XLarge, this would be really helpful.

https://uploadfiles.io/wk6t1

The measurements we need are on the files from the above download link, so if you can try and edit these files maybe, or find the same pictures of the UGG jacket online and enter the measurements in, that would be really appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone ever thought of contacting UGG and inquiring they put this jacket back in production!??...fer the love a god youd think they would have already picked up on the fact that cuz of WD thier jacket would be a huge seller. Seriously a product made famous by the number one TV show in history..get that shhiit back in production!!

Assuming it went out of production due to lack of sales I doubt they would be interested. Lots of people will say they would buy one but when the reality of laying down 500+ on it hits home, you're probably only looking at a very small number. Now the one that I find mind boggling is Justin boots, they really could have made a killing over the last few years on those boots if they had put them back into production.

I will get the measurements you want as closely as possible to the links, give me a few days to sort out photos

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back