My 1:1 BB-8 on a budget

Looks good to me, nice work [emoji6][emoji1303] would like to have a go at one of these when I finish my R2 [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to go back and finish my R2 when I'm done with BB8.

Looks good to me, nice work [emoji6][emoji1303] would like to have a go at one of these when I finish my R2 [emoji16]

I have to go back and finish my R2 when I'm done with BB8.

Haha the easiest trap to fall into, starting another droid before finishing the first [emoji57] I'm trying my hardest to focus on just the one [emoji6]

Here is a close up. Not as clean as a printed one, but I did it freehand so I'm pretty happy with it. Besides, as soon as you take a step back you can't even tell how rough some of the lines are.

That work is beautiful.
"Rough" is hardly the word I'd use.
For me, I'd take those freehanded lines over 3D printed ones any day.
I applaud your work.
Robert

IMG_0009.JPGIMG_0010.JPGIMG_0008.JPGIMG_0011.JPG

All done painting. Trying to figure out a cheap way to add some lights and sound and possible head rotation. Really happy with the results. Total cost was under $150.

I don't have the dome dimensions anymore. I had used reference photos and measured them blowing the photos up to full size. For the body panels I just googled images of them and used those as a template.
Do have the dimensions of the Dome, Body, Eye piece and such?

Your BB8 looks amazing! It's so hard to believe it came from a simple globe and a sphere. Your scribing work looks fantastic. Great Job!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back