My Spiderman Homecoming Homemade Suit Build

I really like the irony of spending hours trying to make something look thrown together by a 15 year old :lol. Cosplay is interesting...
Anyway I'm really liking where this is going, best of luck as it goes on :D

The current theory is that the mask is made from the sleeves of the hoodie, cause it's the exact color and fabric as the hoodie.

Oh man! Really? Huh. It does really look like it. Maybe I'll try that but wouldn't the fabric be too thick to breathe?

I just used the SecondSkin Spandex Mask (https://www.amazon.com/gp/your-acco...F8&orderFilter=months-6&search=&startIndex=20) and cut out eyeholes so that my visibility would be better with the goggles on. I didn't end up using a faceshell.

Yeah! I'm thinking of using a spandex mask! And I kinda wanted to use a faceshell but I'll see how natural it looks. My goggles are on the way right now. And I'm gonna get myself a spandex mask to see how that looks. I might try the hoodie sleeve mask thing to see how it looks.

I really like the irony of spending hours trying to make something look thrown together by a 15 year old :lol. Cosplay is interesting...
Anyway I'm really liking where this is going, best of luck as it goes on :D

For reals dude! Haha! It's being quite a hassle. I think it's cause he really just put it together as opposed to us trying to make it look screen accurate.

IMG_0262.JPG
Also this is all I have so far. I only have the sleeveless hoodie and the blue undershirt so far.

Attachments

• IMG_0260.JPG
    IMG_0260.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 376
Last edited:
is it? cause I mean...that's exactly what I did lol
View attachment 720845

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's what I've been reading...and it makes sense, both visually and story wise. Also, sorry if this is is a weird question, but how long did it take for your sweats to arrive? Were they within the shipping estimate? I'm pretty sure I saw you say they're Hanes from Amazon lol

It's what I've been reading...and it makes sense, both visually and story wise. Also, sorry if this is is a weird question, but how long did it take for your sweats to arrive? Were they within the shipping estimate? I'm pretty sure I saw you say they're Hanes from Amazon lol

The pants are not from hanes, only the shirt.I can't remember though, it was a long time ago

really? what was the reaction? did people get it? I'm thinking about using mine for NYCC but I don't know what the reaction would be like

About 50% of the people seemed to get it that it is from the new movie. Others thought I was the Scarlet Spider or even the home made suit from the Raimi Spider-Man movies. But everyone got that I was Spider-Man, just not a consensus on which one. I think after the movie comes out, more people will get it.

FYI, goggles kept fogging up throughout the day. Even after applying Spit anti-fogging spray. It didn't work. I ended up just wearing the goggles on my forehead and pulling them down over my eyes when taking pictures. A little annoying, Would love to hear if anyone has a better solution to fogging issues.

FYI, goggles kept fogging up throughout the day. Even after applying Spit anti-fogging spray. It didn't work. I ended up just wearing the goggles on my forehead and pulling them down over my eyes when taking pictures. A little annoying, Would love to hear if anyone has a better solution to fogging issues.

Admittedly I have yet to receive these, but if I'm right then these are just metal discs with holes drilled in them. Ergo, it's impossible for them to fog up. Also that will allow your eyes to breathe which will be better for long periods of time. And they come in white.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00W...amp;keywords=50mm+steel+mesh+replacement+lens

Admittedly I have yet to receive these, but if I'm right then these are just metal discs with holes drilled in them. Ergo, it's impossible for them to fog up. Also that will allow your eyes to breathe which will be better for long periods of time. And they come in white.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00W...amp;keywords=50mm+steel+mesh+replacement+lens

Nice find! Let me know how these work out when you get them. I might have to pick up some if they are good.

Nice find! Let me know how these work out when you get them. I might have to pick up some if they are good.

I have these for my Homemade build and they work awesome! They do rattle a bit if they're screwed in the goggles by themselves, but I glued craft foam on them for the black shutters and they stopped rattling. No fogging and really good visibility.
IMG_7036.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6838.JPG
    IMG_6838.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 485
I have these for my Homemade build and they work awesome! They do rattle a bit if they're screwed in the goggles by themselves, but I glued craft foam on them for the black shutters and they stopped rattling. No fogging and really good visibility.
View attachment 724511

That's exactly what I did! The foam also have the eyelids a cool 3D effect.

Also Jumpman2315 I made an open build threat for homemade suits, bit it seems like this thread has sort of turned into one. Do you want to try to move stuff over there or is it okay if I post my stuff here?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's exactly what I did! The foam also have the eyelids a cool 3D effect.

Also @Jumpman2315 I made an open build threat for homemade suits, bit it seems like this thread has sort of turned into one. Do you want to try to move stuff over there or is it okay if I post my stuff here?

I'm fine with you posting your stuff in this thread. Let's keep it going.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back