Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Guys, I’m sure been asked million times so sorry to ask again just joined, looking to purchase pair of Nike Mag V3 US10 UK9 tried Sneakerhead however not shipping to UK anymore also DH gate can’t process payment , I’m in UK any help or links would be great thanks

Guys, I’m sure been asked million times so sorry to ask again just joined, looking to purchase pair of Nike Mag V3 US10 UK9 tried Sneakerhead however not shipping to UK anymore also DH gate can’t process payment , I’m in UK any help or links would be great thanks

People have ave said good things about “airmagman” on instagram. Message him directly in there.

Well, it’s not the battery. While I was waiting for the new batteries I decided to do a test and put the battery from the “good” shoe in the faulty one. No go. I knew the next step involved taking off the strap, so......

73B1BA8B-7BEB-4E3A-8E39-C61194C75E7B.jpeg

I disconnected “1” and reconnected it. Turned the she on and it’s been on for over 1.5 hrs. Longest yet. So Ill probably want to replace this before closing it up since I have it open, seems like it might just be a finicky part. Question is, how to swap it out with wires running from it down into the heel cup and sole. Do those wires need to be cut and soldered or is it possible to fish them through?

Well, it’s not the battery. While I was waiting for the new batteries I decided to do a test and put the battery from the “good” shoe in the faulty one. No go. I knew the next step involved taking off the strap, so......

View attachment 819208

I disconnected “1” and reconnected it. Turned the she on and it’s been on for over 1.5 hrs. Longest yet. So Ill probably want to replace this before closing it up since I have it open, seems like it might just be a finicky part. Question is, how to swap it out with wires running from it down into the heel cup and sole. Do those wires need to be cut and soldered or is it possible to fish them through?

if you think its a loose connection on the plug you can cut off the plugs and soder the wires together
i have a feeling the wires running under the soles are damaged

View attachment 819208

WOW that is a nice, clean removal. Please do share how you did that.

I think you will find that those wires are glued in place. They were almost impossible to get out on the V2s and given these are probably made in the same factory, will use the same technique.

Where have you been hiding?

How are your MAGs holding up. You were an early adopter to these?

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Just been busy and mostly lurking here. haha

My Mags look great. Soles are a tad yellowed and one of the soles lights stopped working a few months in, but they still look great.

Haha, thanks guys. Not exactly my first rodeo tinkering with props. And I used heat. Blow dryer to be safe, but I probably could’ve used heat gun.

I am guessing only apply heat to the white buckle?

correct. Imagine trying to get up a really difficult sticker without ripping it. I just heat up a bit at a time and work up little by little from the corners in. Bending the foam of the buckle imparts creases, but when you’re done removing, applying heat slowly to the foam will get its memory back.

After months of owning my V3's I finally got a dreaded failure. The sole lights on one shoe went off completely. It isn't a problem with the EL as I can put my hand up in the shoe and make it flicker. My question is, are the replacement parts being sold any more durable than the originals? EL sheets, circuit boards? If I'm going in I'm going to go hard in the paint and just replace everything. If the parts aren't any better though......... I may just stick with wearing them without electronics.

After months of owning my V3's I finally got a dreaded failure. The sole lights on one shoe went off completely. It isn't a problem with the EL as I can put my hand up in the shoe and make it flicker. My question is, are the replacement parts being sold any more durable than the originals? EL sheets, circuit boards? If I'm going in I'm going to go hard in the paint and just replace everything. If the parts aren't any better though......... I may just stick with wearing them without electronics.

DM WizardBTTF
His stuff seems to be pretty solid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you sir. I have actually spoken with him about some parts, just wondering if there was any real world experience with them out there. I'm sure that's what I'll be doing.

Thank you sir. I have actually spoken with him about some parts, just wondering if there was any real world experience with them out there. I'm sure that's what I'll be doing.
I am sure quite a few members here have used his psrts.

he is selling seperate el domes
which may last longer
as there is no strain in the middle that causes them to go out

he is selling seperate el domes
which may last longer
as there is no strain in the middle that causes them to go out

I do wonder if separates are the way to go. I did this a few years ago in my V2s and they still failed.

You really need to be careful with how you bend down in these shoes. The EL is designed to bend, but unfortunately, not in the direction the shoe does when you crouch or even walk up and down stairs.

If the EL panel was set up between the clear and the mid-sole where the EL was visible thought the leaning side of the outrigger, we'd probably not break these at all. You just wouldn't have the sharp defined shape that we have, rather a glow from the clear soles - sort of like "glowing air bags".

Hang on, wasn't that the original idea?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back