Converted Vintage Graflex sells for over $19,000!!!

ARKM

Sr Member
what the heck is that chassis made out of?!

I've seen his work before I have to agree with everyone, this is the best graflex internals to date...

I'm just baffled at how it's made... all those little details on the outside of the (looks to be) brass sheet metal.. I don't know how he does it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VERY cool...but price not included...it loses me completely on that slow Vader-esque start up. That's not just a knock on this one, but something that seems to be in all the high end light up, battle with/worthy lightsabers. Is that the best start up soundfont out there so only it gets used? If not cool...but so far it has been the biggest turn off for me to get one. Pardon my ignorance if that isn't the case, I don't really know much about them.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. I never was one for the reveal sabers and the whole chassis thing(I may be coming around a bit though), but this one is pretty darn cool.

VERY cool...but price not included...it loses me completely on that slow Vader-esque start up....

They are all programmable to a fraction of a second on every response criteria. Search first... then post......

Edit ---

OK, that came off completely dickish. Sorry about that. I'm just now dipping a toe in fx sabers and am in awe of what these guys are doing.

I only hope I can be as cool some day...

Last edited:
VERY cool...but price not included...it loses me completely on that slow Vader-esque start up. That's not just a knock on this one, but something that seems to be in all the high end light up, battle with/worthy lightsabers. Is that the best start up soundfont out there so only it gets used? If not cool...but so far it has been the biggest turn off for me to get one. Pardon my ignorance if that isn't the case, I don't really know much about them.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. I never was one for the reveal sabers and the whole chassis thing(I may be coming around a bit though), but this one is pretty darn cool.

Sounds fonts on high end saber sounds boards (like the one in that Graflex) are stored on a micro SD card and those high end sound boards can support having several font banks on the SD card at the same time with the ability to swap out fonts at the push of a button. Of course one can also insert the card into a USB adapter and change the fonts and font settings using a home computer. The config file for a font has settings to change the parameters for ignition, retraction, clash, lock-up, blaster block, swing, blade flicker, flash on clash, etc. There's a lot more I could tell you but it would take way too long, lol. Best to research it yourself if you are interested.

He was saying forever that'll it wasn't for sale on his facebook, must have been timing it. That thing is soooooo awesome though. If I was super rich I would buy it. Why can't I be rich!?!?! Lol

He was saying forever that'll it wasn't for sale on his facebook, must have been timing it. That thing is soooooo awesome though. If I was super rich I would buy it. Why can't I be rich!?!?! Lol

He was talking about his first saber, which was already sold when the video about it blew up.
This is his second saber that he had been building since January, and was auctioned pretty much right after it was finished.

I'm not into sabers, nor into reveal ones, but this is really great saber with all those superb internal details. The price is too much for what it is, though I appreciate that hard work he put on it.

Well, that seems a bit over-the-top to me, considering you're in the ballpark of a screenused prop at that price.

Sure, it might have a different style than the ones Yoda makes at FX-sabers, but those sell regularly for less than a tenth of this price. Is this one really worth 10x what those are?

Obviously it was worth it to someone. At this point, its not just a replica they're buying, but a true art piece. When I look at that particular saber, I see a functional work of art, not just your average collectible.

All I'm saying is, I have one of Yoda's replicas. It's just as functional, but I'd hesitate to say it's only a tenth as nice.

I think we're on the upper end of the diminishing returns scale here.

Been looking at this one on YouTube for a while, Nicest one yet, most likely he posted it out there until enough interest developed and then put it up for sale to drive the price.....

I don't think the maker cares, he's got 19k in the bank now. Can go buy a car after selling a glorified metal tube and custom metal work which probably cost him less than a couple hundred to make

(sigh)

the sound board itself cost almost a couple hundred.

not sure how much a 'vintage' graflex goes for now adays either.. (not a replica)

plus other components.. (led is probably $20-30, other blinkies, core/chassis parts, plus time to fabricate..etc)

That being said.. that price IS insane!.. but hes got much more than a 'couple hundred' into it..

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back