Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 15 June - eye lenses and shutters

Looking fantastic KB. I sold all my stuff years ago. I wish i hadn't. I still have my CNC parts files for all of the linkages that i had laser cut. I got those from michael peter in Germany who had the mercedes typwriter.

I forgot to ask you before do you know what model Mercedes typewriter it was?

I've yet to see any evidence of this. PM me your email address and I'll let you see what I plan on selling.

I'm sorry for some reasons i don't think I can give you my email address is there a way you could message me the prices on here. And with the typewriter thing I'm wanting to know so I can look at one and see if they are really the source of the linkages.

Froggy...nobodys knows the source of the linkages.But if you would buy all old typewriters from ebay and look inside..perhaps we could find them.;)

frogfreak
OMG it’s not a Mercedes typewriter, it’s just hear say, there has never been any evidence of this, even after so many members spending lots of money on Mercedes typewriters nothing was ever found, if you have an unlimited amount of money to buy hundreds of different typewriters and find the missing linkages then you frogfreak will be at the top of my all time favourite list, a little bit of information for you I’ve searched hundreds of sites regarding typewriters and there inner workings for 5 years and found nothing, I’ve had close resemblance to the linkages while searching for mechanical adding machines for 3 years, it took me 2 years to find the photomultipliers, 5 years for expanders and I’m still looking, 1 year for neck collar
All the parts need researching to even have a chance on finding any for sale ( if your lucky)
Its taken over 30 years to identify the grill on the neck collar ( and that was by researching and pure luck )
if you want something then start your research,

helpful tips on research

• pick an part/item you want
• read other members build threads and see if they have identified that item
• look at the part and in your own minds eye imagine what it could be used for or what it reminds you of
• make a list of things it reminds you of, 5 similar item is a good start for your search
• remember the items your looking for are over 40 years old so look for (vintage) items
• keep a list of sites you look at as there are always links to other sites similar sites you might forget
• it’s not always about the internet visit junk shops, charity shops, carboot sales ( swap meets ) ( garage sales ) but always go with items in mind

Pick a part and start your search and post it on your own build thread, it’s not good practice if you hijack somebody’s build thread with stupid questions
I will be watching your thread and if there’s anything relevant that I or any others can answer we will try, but YOU must start your search and update your thread with good topical information, if you keep asking questions that have already been asked and answered on other builders threads then it will show that your not doing your research and nobody will help you,
please please help us by helping yourself and please read as much as you can

good luck, I hope you can become a valuable member to the VR community

Ben

sorry Kurtyboy ( war and peace speech)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry to have upset you. It seems that i've been more of an annoyance then help i hope to be of use in the future
Not upset and Not annoyed at all, your new to this, you will get more into the swing of things and you will become more help, fresh eyes will bring fresh ideas

Anything new? this is looking awesome by the way!

What about you...anything new on YOUR end?

Did you make up your mind about which way you want to go?
Did you check out the various options, that were given you?
Do you have info about your available budget to realise this project?

Well for the helmet itself i don't know what I'm gonna get. i can buy metal parts and expanders and stuff from kroenen77 and kurtyboy and others. And the rest i am still working on. And no I don't have my budget info yet sorry.

Why are a lot of the pictures not working? Are they incompatible with the new design? And if so can you reupload them?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back