Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

Awesome find Ben!

Thanks Markus
im so excited at the moment I can’t believe how very very close this is
I would even go as far to say this is a found part, but off what ? !!!!!!! I know it was old and looked like stereo or radio equipment and made of wood
B738C107-A951-491C-A235-B704EFD909AB.jpeg189B5DCB-F424-4681-8AAC-D91753DB11CF.jpeg
I will be certainly using this on my reveal collar

That part looks the same like it even bumps on one side and holes on one and on the ends it has the inward curves! This is awesome i hope you find out what radio it went to.

Right place at the right time !!!
let me explain
I was at the scrap yard today weighing in some scrap metal and what did I see !!!
View attachment 846870View attachment 846871
A piece of metal grill off an old 70s stereo or radio, it was smashed to pieces with all the internal parts hanging out but the grill was still intact connected to the old wooden frame,
very very close to the backing on the collar neck/brace

I can't 'like' this post enough, excellent find Ben! I did an overlay using your photo with the original mesh last night, and taking camera angles and photography issues into account, your mesh is so so close that I think you've more than likely found the exact correct mesh! VERY WELL DONE, the Vader Reveal community needs people like you if we're to ever nail all the found objects on this prop!

Now get back to that scrapyard and find some more! :)

I can't 'like' this post enough, excellent find Ben! I did an overlay using your photo with the original mesh last night, and taking camera angles and photography issues into account, your mesh is so so close that I think you've more than likely found the exact correct mesh! VERY WELL DONE, the Vader Reveal community needs people like you if we're to ever nail all the found objects on this prop!

Now get back to that scrapyard and find some more! :)
Thanks gonk, nice to see your still looking

i also tried an overlay but couldn’t save my pics, but what I got was ( confirmation for me anyway) a perfect match, as frogfreak said earlier, you can see a specific fold on one end, the exact same fold on the collar as I have on my piece. I’m thrilled to bits

if I can’t find anymore I now know that I can measure this piece and get a perfect copy from the photo etchers

I think my laptop has a virus so my son has taken it to the hospital, I couldn’t just wipe it as there are lots of very important Vader files on it and I’m not sure if they have contaminated other programs so he’s going to look at it for me

Last edited by a moderator:
C8EFA325-0DA1-408B-864D-054D52A4E955.jpeg
I’ve been working on replicating the grill for the neck collar to be photo etched, it’s been a bit of a struggle as nothing is symmetrical on the original piece, as for a cad drawing everything is perfect, this is my 5th attempt, I’ve had to keep altering the the measurements 100ths of a mm, Just to confirm my measurements then a price for etching
C8EFA325-0DA1-408B-864D-054D52A4E955.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve also been working on the “V” piece for the collar from a picture I was given for scale, the picture was a resin piece somebody had made, this is now a piece that’s not the correct size, re-scaling from bits I already have and the gill, the piece I have is now not worth finishing as it’s to small, I will be making another V more to the accurate scale

this is the piece I made that’s to small (for the Bin)
EBF3347C-B1ED-41C8-81D9-4FD951F5A4A5.jpegimage.jpg
The new piece I make will be roughly made then cast in resin, then refined and recast for the final item

Seems like this is a completely different "reveal" helmet. Neckbrace is the same as ROTJ, but at least the facemask separates at a different area...ABOVE the upper side tubes!

Am I seeing things?
has this helmet ever surfaced?
I’m seeing what your seeing, maybe this was the first design of the helmet separating but because of the high sides they couldn’t get a good visual shot of his face and changed the design to suit a more visible shot of his face, I also can’t remember anywhere reading different designs on the reveal mask, maybe it’s just a pre production costume shot !!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back