Prop store auction - Darth Vader helmet

If this is a legitimate piece with screen lineage then it should align to screengrabs of the hero pieces.

I would be sceptical of anything purporting to be directly production linked without solid provenance.
This piece has the look of a well made promotional suit.

Yes HAL9000...thats why its so cheap.3000 pounds or more for a soft TM casting is not really a good offer.
And the TM was also not screenused...If I remember right they said,that they used it to test the lights for the movie.

Sweet looking lid. $2-$3,000? Seems doable... probably could go for $5-$6,000 in the first 5 minutes.
Right? I mean, it may not be as sharp a pull as something like the TM, but I wouldn't be surprised if it fetched quite a bit, simply for what it is. A pull from a production mold (if that is indeed the case).

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

what do you guys think of that? it's not the same point of view and the same focal but it looks quite similar. I think the helmet I'm comparing to this time is screen used.
comp_04.jpg

They will pay a lot more at the end.They payed 11000 $ for a very raw ANH cast months ago.I think they will pay more for this at the end.
The Propstore CoA is a safe investment for lots of people.Look for what they sold replicas also.
I bet the helmets goes up to 13000 or more at the end.Somebody with money wants a TM in the collection.For us this is a lot of money..but for rich people this are peanuts.
I really hope the new owner makes casts of his helmet in the future...I really want a TM dome for my VP facemask.Or a complete TM cast.;)

Does anyone know how the dome sits on the facemask since it's 3M tabs? I ask PropStore by email but I think they are too busy at the moment to answer me [emoji23]

Does anyone know how the dome sits on the facemask since it's 3M tabs? I ask PropStore by email but I think they are too busy at the moment to answer me [emoji23]

I doubt there is any connecting/mounting solution. The dome is more than likely just resting on the facemask. The tabs are part of the facemask casting and don't actually have the little "nubs" that would attach to anything.

You're right... I wasn't paying attention to this detail [emoji848]
There must be something inside the dome to prevent it falling backward..?
I doubt there is any connecting/mounting solution. The dome is more than likely just resting on the facemask. The tabs are part of the facemask casting and don't actually have the little "nubs" that would attach to anything.

It's not a TM casting though. It's a production casting with the same pedigree as the original TM. To say it's a TM casting is implying that it's cast from a mold taken off the TM a generation down. :)

Ben

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back