Nifty little crystal displays for less than 5$.

hydin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Spyderco Stand for sale - Blade Play - Benchmade Knives, Boker Knives, Italian Knives, Butterfly Knives, Automatic Knives, Switchblade Knives, Spring Assist Knives, Military Knives, Law Enforcement Knives, Collectible Knives

Saw these in an email, thought I'd share.

They are knife holders, but I think they'd probably work for the smaller crystals I offer sometimes, as well as a few other items in the hobby.

The biggun is about 3.5" long and the blade gap area is about 3/4" wide. The little one is about 2.5" long and the blade gap area is about 1/2" wide.

I went ahead and ordered one to try out for a ruby dagger display stand, and will take umpteen pics when it comes in.

Just wanted to share a neat discovery :)

Hell, worse comes to worse if we need a HUGE version I can probably get em made at the crystal factory.

Chris

5gtOz.jpg

They work pretty good as knife displays. Little modding to em should help display more stuff though.

Chris

Hell, worse comes to worse if we need a HUGE version I can probably get em made at the crystal factory.

You'd get those done in China for cheap at any of the trophy factories, but you would have to order 50 min and they will probably push you to make 100.

Well, yea, but then they wouldn't be made out of crystal :)

darkside501st - Worked with a knife guy to make it. Did a run or two on the forum a while back. About to do another if you are interested.

Chris

When I think crystal, I think lead crystal. The Chinese use a glass they call K9. Maybe they spell Crystal with a K? The stuff I had made came up really good.

Ah, thought you meant the plastic versions, my bad.

Yea, the main material is k9. It's got a little bit of lead in it, but not the "benchmark" to make it officially lead crystal. Pretty awesome though!

Chris

darkside501st - Worked with a knife guy to make it. Did a run or two on the forum a while back. About to do another if you are interested.

Chris

Yes, I am interested. I will take a look.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back