Show your custom Lightsabers!

A saber I finished up today, built from an Abbey4x flashgun kindly sold to me by VeryExciting. Grips are 1/2" aluminum bar stock, sanded, clearcoated, and drilled. All screws were drilled and tapped. The calc strip was taken from a Novus 820; I left it on its circuit board for a little extra "pop."

IMG_0133.JPGIMG_0132.JPGIMG_0135.JPGIMG_0129.JPGIMG_0134.JPG

Crossposting this from another thread: A WIP saber based on a Canon Model Y flash. Parts from the Canon reflector were used to build the shroud and emitter guts; the 3-cell extension was a Heiland 2-cell of unknown make cut down to fit, with the Canon's original knurled endcap glued onto the end.

I'm not 100% happy with the chrome donut inside the emitter, but I only thought of a better idea after all the epoxy had set and everything had been drilled and riveted together.

The finish on the Canon body and the Heiland bottom don't match perfectly, but it's pretty close. Overall I'm happy with it.

View attachment 562911View attachment 562910View attachment 562909View attachment 562908View attachment 562907View attachment 562906View attachment 562905View attachment 562912

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are two of my favorite saber builds.

1206151807b.jpg
1206151808a.jpg
1206151811a.jpg
Sink tube base
Cyan Luxeon LED
Brass gromet and lego stud indicator light
Brass ball catch
Vinyl flooring grip
Pop rivets
Brass plate
TCSS blade holder
Hasbro blade builders soundboard

1206151809.jpg
1206151812.jpg
Heavily Qui-Gon Jinn inspired
Sink tube base
Green Luxeon LED
Vinyl flooring grip
TCSS blade holder
Ultimate FX soundboard

I have to say I prefer the Ultimate FX soundboard over the blade builder's. It's the only economy board I've found that doesn't have the dreaded "blinking ignition."

Attachments

• 1206151808.jpg
    1206151808.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Hi teentitans14 and welcome ... the incorporation of the SW logo's is ingenious :)

Logermeister ... also well executed lightsabers. I almost feel that any lightsaber
without lights and sound FX is becoming more a rarity among new sabersmiths :wacko

Chaim

Last edited by a moderator:
A saber I finished up today, built from an Abbey4x flashgun kindly sold to me by @VeryExciting. Grips are 1/2" aluminum bar stock, sanded, clearcoated, and drilled. All screws were drilled and tapped. The calc strip was taken from a Novus 820; I left it on its circuit board for a little extra "pop."

Crossposting this from another thread: A WIP saber based on a Canon Model Y flash. Parts from the Canon reflector were used to build the shroud and emitter guts; the 3-cell extension was a Heiland 2-cell of unknown make cut down to fit, with the Canon's original knurled endcap glued onto the end.

I'm not 100% happy with the chrome donut inside the emitter, but I only thought of a better idea after all the epoxy had set and everything had been drilled and riveted together.

The finish on the Canon body and the Heiland bottom don't match perfectly, but it's pretty close. Overall I'm happy with it.

These totally rock. The first one reminds me of some of my customs and I'm gonna have to build a Canon-based custom, now. Looking forward to seeing yours completed. :thumbsup

hey everyone,
i'm new here. looks like a great forum. here are a couple of sink tube sabers i made in anticipation of the Force Awakens.

That is an awesome first post. :cool

Just about to wrap these two up:

Two.jpg

Top is made from a G R A F L E X slave head. Drilled to insert the red button and clear eye piece on bottom. the main body is an aluminum tube made for a turbo exhaust or something. The Vader ROTJ is the same aluminum tube, I know the clamp is not the correct version, but this one is a gift (to someone who won't care about the screen/prop accuracy too much) and I don't have time to figure out to construct one, so I used a clamp from the custom saber shop. The shroud is 3d printed from shapeways, as is the D-ring holder. Still need to put on the grips. I'll try to build a more accurate rotj saber in the future, it's become my favorite.

Rear d-rings and kobold from http://wannawanga.com/, a wonderful resource worth checking out if you have not already.

I've only been at this about 6 months, sort of wished I'd waited to start building things until I learned a little more, but I also accept, you can never know enough! Not used to actually using drills and all that fun stuff, so putting the holes in the body was interesting. A drill press will help next time ;)

Great sabers in here, lots of inspiration everone!

I've done costumes before, but never stepped into the world sabers. With episode VII coming up I wanted something that wasn't my MR Obi Wan for a lightweight belt carry.
My first attempt was using PVC pipe and plumbing push fittings, turned out OK, but I felt it was too clunky, so after looking at some other PVC stuff I came up with my second design which I wanted to be sleek and similar to Qui Gon's in TPM
image.jpg

These totally rock. The first one reminds me of some of my customs and I'm gonna have to build a Canon-based custom, now. Looking forward to seeing yours completed. :thumbsup

Thanks! And they should remind you of yours – your Peaksabers were the inspiration for doing silver metal grips and minimal additions/modifications. Generally I prefer black t-track and angled saber emitters, but this flash with its beefy body (it's a bit wider than usual -- about 1 and 5/8" OD I'd say) and flat front evoked those "brute" saber builds you did, and I knew I had to copy the style.

hey everyone,
i'm new here. looks like a great forum. here are a couple of sink tube sabers i made in anticipation of the Force Awakens.

Those rock. They're so clean, too. Were they freehand?

Top is made from a G R A F L E X slave head.

If you'd had a Strobonar 64b to go with it, you could have replicated the Gary Kurtz Vader saber that's currently living at the Sci-Fi museum in Seattle. I have a Strobonar but no Graflex slave, so I'm a touch jealous. :lol

Had a last minute commission for a Yoda inspired stubby saber. This is a first for me and chose to start with the emitter shroud. Waiting for more supplies to arrive as I've run out of tube stock, will post pics when its finished:

Last edited:
I know that this isn't a saber, but I figured I'd drop this here with you guys. I wanted to come up with a cool way to display my pieces, and I came up with a cool stand that features interchangeable plates for display of whatever faction the saber belongs to and the engravings. It also can mount to a wall or just be displayed on a shelf/table!

(Ignore the weird orange translucent lightsaber)

And since this is a lightsaber thread, I figured I'd drop this guy off here. Just finished him up yesterday as I was drafting designs for the stand.

My workshop is having a small crisis as my drill press broke today (like my financial situation lol) but as this custom is a Christmas present for a padawan, I bit the bullet and bought a replacement. The new one has a bit more grunt, I used the situation as an excuse to upgrade as well but now waiting for it to arrive.

While I'm posting, I may as well show you where I'm at with it as I got a lot done today despite the setback:

My Parks/Korbanth Obi Wan TPM, a SF Luke hero, and the Parks/Korbanth graflex 2.0 in TFA configuration (with the leftover bits). Not 100% to screen on any of them, but it's my happy little collection.
IMG_0393.JPEG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back