D-Projects: Battlestar Galactica TOS Blaster Build

Wow good pics! I am still working my project so still gathering info and kits, ect. I plan to figure a way to use metal tubes to run the wire to the muzzle end. I also need to cast my blaster kit I currently have to modify parts for a new master. Anyway a fun but my no means a quick project. I finally got a shower knob to put on the lath hopefully get that turned down this week or next. Anyone know a how to get good kit for the air soft conversions for season one and two of the new BSG?

worked on the muzzle today! i started with the shower handle and put it on the wood lath and well here are a few pics look for yourself. IMG_0895.JPGIMG_0898.jpgIMG_0905.JPGIMG_0912.JPGIMG_0913.JPG

Outstanding job on that Emitter!!! very nice man!! great job!!
Thank you, however a may turn another because I was looking at the web and different pics and some not all show the middle section turned around so I would need to cut the end off and move it to the back making it the front. If you look at pics on. Web you'll see .
the grove ends are backward so they must have cut the end off and glued it to the back. But like I said there are pics outh there with it this way.

Hello sir
I have this kit to do the Simi scratch built blaster I'm working on. Is this kit good fit? And is it capable of programming the old school blaster sound into it?
Brad
Bp0314

Working on the emitter again. I think I'm getting a little OCD on it. Anyway my emitter/muzzle will be just slightly larger in width and length. I am however going to hav a simi scratch build so it should look great. The only big difference will be my ribs on the emitter will be deeper thus making it just slightly larger by about 1/6" .
Will be casting a base very soon and refitting it to make a working blaster capable casting.
Will post more pics latter.

our Supply Officer over at Blackstar Squadron (Spectre) is working on a light and sound kit to retro fit existing lasers. he's trying to make it so most of the unit fits into the emitter area so you'd only have to run the trigger into the laser body.

no current ETA, but it should be coming soon, since he just recently retired from the Air Force.

Like that emitter! It should flash ultra bright with a Luxeon Rebel or P7 installed. I put a P4 in mine and it's ok. My emitter is frosted so it does not transmit the light as well.

Back at the old school blaster again. Anyone able to identify all the kits used on the top aft part oftener blaster?
Also does anyone have a mistle for the new BSG blaster season 2 ?

Just hoping this project hasn't been put to rest and there might be some updates! :thumbsup

Nah, just been busy. I've flown 150k miles during 2013, visiting 5 different countries multiple times, and have stamps and stickers all over my Passport! My last trip was to Ft. Huachuca in Sierra Vista AZ last week. I have my fingers crossed that it will be the last trip for the year. I need some time off to recharge and work on my props. I have three on the bench awaiting my attention.

However, I'm driving 5 hours today to eat Turkey...

Happy Thanksgivings everyone!

Hey bid D, I haven't been able to do any of mine either, so much going on, just don't have time......I am right there with ya bro !!!.....One day we will get back to our props, they aint going anywhere....LOL

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back