Homemade Spidey Suits: Show Off/Open Build Thread

I'm assuming at least some of you guys are planning on wearing your suit to the Homecoming premiere when I ask: are you at all concerned with it being too hot? It just dawned on me that this movie is coming out in early July, and frankly I can't imagine I'd wear any of this costume in that heat. (Makes me kinda wonder how Peter manages..) That's kind of got me at a crossroads between making the suit from the movie or trying something as casual but more...breathable.
As a cosplayer I tend to ignore the heat now and just deal with it haha. On a daily basis I usually wear something that most people would consider hot. So I'm not too worried about that. For others I can imagine its not too bad, what one would wear to the gym

Has anyone found a matching undershirt and sweats on amazon? If so, could I have a link, please?

I have been looking for hours to no avail.

Also, this is essentially my first cosplay, and I'm wondering how you guys go about making the spider symbol on the sweater. I'd like to learn how.

Thank you.

Has anyone found a matching undershirt and sweats on amazon? If so, could I have a link, please?

Also, this is essentially my first cosplay, and I'm wondering how you guys go about making the spider symbol on the sweater. I'd like to learn how.

Thank you.
I've been planning to use either a sharpie or a fabric pen to do the spider on my hoodie, I think that's the main method everyone has been using to do that

Thank you.

If you go with the sweatshirt on my first post in this thread (the Gildan Fleece) and the sweatpants from my second post (Hanes Comfortblend Fleece Women's) both are Carolina blue, so they are a perfect match. It's what I'm using for my V2 homemade suit.

If you go with the sweatshirt on my first post in this thread (the Gildan Fleece) and the sweatpants from my second post (Hanes Comfortblend Fleece Women's) both are Carolina blue, so they are a perfect match. It's what I'm using for my V2 homemade suit.

Thanks! I will definitely do that. I imagine the women's is a little more form fitting as seen in the behind the scenes photos. Have a few more weeks to get my costume up and running for the movie premier.

Another small update on my V2 suit. Just got the gloves from my previous update in, they are absolutely perfect except for the brand logos on the red, which can be easily picked off.

Before/After:
v1Xt2Pb.jpg WDkCtaR.jpg

Also found a way to change out the drawstring on the hoodie, so I added metal eyelets and aglets.
iSjNLSf.jpg

Made a mold of the web cartridge this afternoon with Smooth-On's MoldStar 16 FAST. First test pulls turned out ok, but there a bunch of tiny air bubbles in the mold that show up as little dents on the casts (the one that looks really nasty was my first pull. I accidentally put in the black resin dye with parts A & B instead of mixing it in part B first). Unfortunately I'm going to have to mold it again if I'm going to get smooth-surfaced cold casts...

And I still have to finish the actual web shooter part and then mold that too. And make the goggles...starting to worry I won't have this done in time for the premier, but I won't give up!

IMG_6493.JPGIMG_6494.JPGIMG_6495.JPGIMG_6496.JPG

Made a mold of the web cartridge this afternoon with Smooth-On's MoldStar 16 FAST. First test pulls turned out ok, but there a bunch of tiny air bubbles in the mold that show up as little dents on the casts (the one that looks really nasty was my first pull. I accidentally put in the black resin dye with parts A & B instead of mixing it in part B first). Unfortunately I'm going to have to mold it again if I'm going to get smooth-surfaced cold casts...

And I still have to finish the actual web shooter part and then mold that too. And make the goggles...starting to worry I won't have this done in time for the premier, but I won't give up!

View attachment 737292View attachment 737293View attachment 737294View attachment 737295
Damn! Those look amazing! Do you plan on selling kits for the web shooters once everything is done? I'd be very interested in such a thing if that's the case (By kit I mean just the cartridges, shooter, and the trigger since I assume most of us will have the sweatbands and can pick up nylon strips easily) Also, for your trigger since in civil war and the trailer teaser it wasn't flat to the palm how do you plan on getting it to flex downward then pop back up? Springs? Maybe rubber bands?

Damn! Those look amazing! Do you plan on selling kits for the web shooters once everything is done? I'd be very interested in such a thing if that's the case (By kit I mean just the cartridges, shooter, and the trigger since I assume most of us will have the sweatbands and can pick up nylon strips easily) Also, for your trigger since in civil war and the trailer teaser it wasn't flat to the palm how do you plan on getting it to flex downward then pop back up? Springs? Maybe rubber bands?

Thank you! Yes that's the plan. I'm going to worry about putting mine together for the premier first, but I'll hopefully offer some kits once everything is squared away and I'm happy with the casts. At the moment, I'm not planning on making the triggers since there isn't enough reference out there yet, but that may change once the movie/art book is out.

Did another test fitting for the blue sweatshirt/sweatpants. Very happy with how it's turning out compared to my version 1. All coming together quite nicely.

soThBNw.jpg gBR0VgR.jpg

Here's my progress so far, got the undersuit tailored, and got the hoodie from a thrift shop. It doesn't have the cord though, so I have to find one for it quick. Don't have a faceshell for the mask yet but I do have the goggles.

I have yet to add in the logo, it's in chalk because I wanted to estimate how large it should be.

Sorry for potato camera and weird poses =))

50gSToE.jpg3bEDdvr.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back