Vintage Folmer w/patent sync pin replacements anywhere?

Skooma

My Graflex was missing the sync pins when I bought it and I'm trying to complete a vintage Luke ANH. Does anyone know which style of pin it used and if it is possible to find vintage replacements? Being in the middle of production versions I'm unsure whether they are the smooth square base or newer hex base.

I know the pins are a small thing, but I'd prefer vintage as much as possible for this particular build. The D-ring and grips will be replica because they just aren't possible to source vintage, but I've even gone to the trouble of acquiring an Exactra 19 to get as close to original as I can. It would annoy me no end to know I have modern parts where original are possible.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hi Skooma,

If you want vintage pins I would check eBay for a Graflex slave unit. You'll want smooth sides with a hex base for the front. The pins underneath the button have a square base. The Graflex Shop sells smooth sided replica pins as a stand-in but I understand how you want to avoid that.

Best of luck in your quest.

Dave C

Actually, there is a listing on ebay that will have the insert with the pins. I can't find it right now but I think I found it under graflex parts

Are you talking about the small brass pins? Like these?
7706779df12c0a86ab905c702c3664c0.jpg

Those are the ones. I believe I have the ones under the button, but the visible ones on the side are missing.
Thanks all for the info, appreciate it much.
I'll keep an eye on ebay, tried searching there before but I'm not the best with their categorization.

this is my Folmer New York, the pins are smooth:

DSC_0579[1].JPG

these are some replica pins I brought from ebay many years ago, they are notched version, which, according to the Graflex research thread, should be for the later version w/o patent number etc

DSC_0581[1].JPG

Good luck :)

Those are the ones. I believe I have the ones under the button, but the visible ones on the side are missing.
Thanks all for the info, appreciate it much.
I'll keep an eye on ebay, tried searching there before but I'm not the best with their categorization.

Those are replica pins I got from “the graflex shop” I did a little weathering to them with a brass aging chemical I got off amazon.

After the weather I don’t think you can tell the difference between real and replica

The D-ring and grips will be replica because they just aren't possible to source vintage, but I've even gone to the trouble of acquiring an Exactra 19 to get as close to original as I can. It would annoy me no end to know I have modern parts where original are possible.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Skooma Don’t give up on the full vintage too easily! Reach out to kalkamel for vintage t-tracks for the grips and I’ll PM you an option for the d-ring.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back