Captain America Civil War: War Machine Mark III build

I understand. I am not very tech savvy either, that is why I am sticking to Daredevil! Maybe you can have manual stuff, or Maybe if you find a decent sized RC car you can gut the steering mechanism and remote for lifting the gun up and down.
yeah,that'd be a good idea,i've heard of a few people trying that option, it would definitely make me feel like i was wearing the real deal lol

Yeah, it is definitely easier than trying to wire one up to move with your arm. Just have it point straight. Just would have to find a place to put a switch.

What if you put the baton in your back armor?! Haha I have no idea how much room you have but it shouldn't be hard.

Last edited:
I'll need to take a trip to Lowes for some more foam soon,until then I'll do a little paint work on the Iron Patriot build. So far I have the arms,shoulders,handplates,helmet and neck for that suit...
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Nice build friend! I purchased the same files and I see they are 180 cm which is roughly 5' 9". Did you change the scale? how tall are you so I can have an idea how to scale it. Also if you don't mind to share the scale number. I'm 5' 11" tall. Thanks in advance.

David

Nice build friend! I purchased the same files and I see they are 180 cm which is roughly 5' 9". Did you change the scale? how tall are you so I can have an idea how to scale it. Also if you don't mind to share the scale number. I'm 5' 11" tall. Thanks in advance.

David
Thanks! I'm 6' 4" about 240lbs,rather than scaling the whole suit as one set number,I set the scale first for the Abs to make sure it fits around my gut. I then scale for the upper torso to fit around the Abs, the arms and shoulders are set to the same scale as are the thighs and shins. I have slightly weird proportions so that's why I have to scale everything separately and based on the distance between points rather than an overall scale change. Hope that helps a bit

Not much progress to show,started painting the thighs and laid on some more silver on the arms and chest as well,hoping to grab some more foam this week if the paycheck permits to finish the shins...
image.jpegimage.jpeg

Man I need some tips on how you built that boot lol but that looks awesome! I'm super jealous lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's some seriously clean work. Gorgeous build buddy!!
Thanks very much!

- - - Updated - - -

Man I need some tips on how you built that boot lol but that looks awesome! I'm super jealous lol

Thanks much! It was probably one of the simpler pieces to build since there aren't as many pieces to it,let me know if you have any questions,I love going back and forth with other builders

b95ca033e8e9fb214617b05e7a76bcbd.jpg
3bce9a2826c19e550cf11e0d646ffa9e.jpg
c5b2a0a60ca2a50eb359a70e06d6ca56.jpg

This is my boot so far it is clearly not as smooth looking as yours do you have some tips to make it look like yours? Lol

I would say pretty much the only difference and reason why yours may not be quite as smooth is that I actually use a liquid super glue from the tiny tubes instead of hot glue. I find that hot glue can be a bit messier and harder to close up the seams so they appear super smooth. Hope that helps!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back