The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

The TFA BTS is pretty dull too— and has the larger box/buttons.

Due to the low quality of the photos, it's impossible to be sure, but it looks like the sidebars on the TFA BTS are taller, then the White Glove. I could be wrong, but it looks like the sidebars bars on the TFA BTS are a good 2 to 3 mm higher than then the card. While the White Glove is only about 1 mm higher.

20180315_135750.jpg20180315_135627.jpg

The more I look at these the more I think they are two different sabers.

I’m still not sold on the white-glove saber being the creepy uncle given the box— but again, the retouching and compositing could alter that,

This is what sucks... now knowing all the cg work done in this film... gonna e very hard to pin point where each prop is now...

That hero Luke is holding has a pretty good dirt mark, maybe rust on the beer tab rivet... see if we can follow this hero around?

View attachment 802795View attachment 802796

The more I look at these the more I think they are two different sabers.

I believe they are... I’ve changed my mind so much I don’t even remember what I said a few pages back.....

But as of RIGHT NOW lol

I think they are 2 different because of the tri ring, and the color on the neck.

The color of the TFA saber seems to match what we see on screen in TLJ... but the tri ring is in the wrong location, and the boxes are different

There is also some heavy weathering on that box... I don’t think the white glove saber has this weathering... u don’t see any weathering under neath the arrows, like we do on the TFA saber

The real question is, is this damn white glove saber the creepy uncle.... this is going to drive me nuts

And the more and more I think about it, I think we will never know. All because of this heavy CG touch up work... the bastards...

Showed my mother The Last Jedi tonight, our TV is brighter than my computer so I caught some new details. SethS is right about the black buttons being CG'd out. I have a couple of pictures where you can barely see the remnants of the groove.
20180315_222546.jpg
20180315_222713.jpg

So these pictures makes me think that White Glove and Creepy Uncle are the same. With the differences CG'd in?

So I'm pretty confident that Creepy Uncle uses copper traces. Just did a few experiments. Both my Slothfurnace and my Roman Props cards look gold-ish when reflecting back white light. Much like the Hero looks in RotJ.

So I'm pretty confident that Creepy Uncle uses copper traces. Just did a few experiments. Both my Slothfurnace and my Roman Props cards look gold-ish when reflecting back white light. Much like the Hero looks in RotJ.

Can you guys give me a general opinion to what you think the traces are made from as I have mailed Slothfurnace who is interested in making a revised card with 13 traces that will fit Romans V4 :thumbsup

In that case then, I'm wondering if the first dark trace on the card is meant to be that colour and the rest of the traces are lighter because of the light reflecting

This is awesome! Since I damaged mine slightly trying to get it out.

I'll take some pictures of the two cards tonight and show you guys what the different reflections look like.

Showed my mother The Last Jedi tonight, our TV is brighter than my computer so I caught some new details. SethS is right about the black buttons being CG'd out. I have a couple of pictures where you can barely see the remnants of the groove.
View attachment 802857
View attachment 802858

So these pictures makes me think that White Glove and Creepy Uncle are the same. With the differences CG'd in?

I’m having a hard time seeing on this phone, what am I looking for?

I’m having a hard time seeing on this phone, what am I looking for?

20180316_080710.jpg

Yeah it's not easy to see. It was plain as day on our TV:D but there is a glint from the second half of the button. It almost looks like it's only been CG'd part of the way. I've drawn and arrow to it in this picture.

View attachment 802874

Yeah it's not easy to see. It was plain as day on our TV:D but there is a glint from the second half of the button. It almost looks like it's only been CG'd part of the way. I've drawn and arrow to it in this picture.

Ok so that chunk missing, I THOUGHT I saw that in your pervious post. Again though I’m struggling in this damn little screen

So of a gun... these CG touch up really tick me off

Think we can 100% say now the creepy uncle is touched up.... damn

That’s what I am seeing. My personal guess is that the White glove is the TFA, and the pommel rotates. The middle one is the TLJ/CU. The last onw is also the CU with retouching overkill.

So if you’re going for screen accurate, you need lower profiule buttons and flush rails on the box.

That’s what I am seeing. My personal guess is that the White glove is the TFA, and the pommel rotates. The middle one is the TLJ/CU. The last onw is also the CU with retouching overkill.

So if you’re going for screen accurate, you need lower profiule buttons and flush rails on the box.

If we are all agreeing TFA saber is the creepy uncle, I don’t think the bars a flush.

He is my starkiller TFA box, I removed 1.5mm off the top to drop the bars down lower

I think they hang over ever so slightly, even in the white glove saber I think they are hung over a little?

Do you think they are perfectly flush?

6261ddd43e7b6523d4e1afa745b7c4b6.jpg

Before
b5c5cacb7ef11fbde694625fba6bb521.jpg

Milling it
d05c177c4757691b3544ff89f647e3f2.jpg

After the 1.5mm mill
37edf11101f275b4f7f5892b17b89829.jpg

I think that is the same saber in all the pictures. For me, the dead giveaway is the fact that TFA rails sit quite a bit higher than White Glove. Like a 2 to 3mm higher the circuit card.

If we are all agreeing TFA saber is the creepy uncle, I don’t think the bars a flush.

He is my starkiller TFA box, I removed 1.5mm off the top to drop the bars down lower

I think they hang over ever so slightly, even in the white glove saber I think they are hung over a little?

Do you think they are perfectly flush?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180316/6261ddd43e7b6523d4e1afa745b7c4b6.jpg

Before https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180316/b5c5cacb7ef11fbde694625fba6bb521.jpg

Milling it
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180316/d05c177c4757691b3544ff89f647e3f2.jpg
After the 1.5mm mill
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180316/37edf11101f275b4f7f5892b17b89829.jpg

I'm starting to think the TFA BTS saber is its own thing. To me, it looks like the WG(white glove) and CU(creepy uncle) sidebars are only about a 1mm higher than the card. While TFA BTS is about 2 to 3mm higher than the card.

I'm starting to think the TFA BTS saber is its own thing. To me, it looks like the WG(white glove) and CU(creepy uncle) sidebars are only about a 1mm higher than the card. While TFA BTS is about 2 to 3mm higher than the card.

Would love to know the truth, wouldn’t you? I keep on bouncing back and forth...

Damn this back stage footage to hell.... if we never saw this pic we wouldn’t be so confused right now

CU cards.jpg

@Kylo1 Here's some pictures I took, I'm not satisfied with them though and I'll do it again tonight. I found that using the light from my TV or even my tablet got it closer to the look of the film.

Anayways they are from left to right: Roman Props V4 stock card shiny copper traces- Slothfurnace RotJ card matte copper- Korbanth LS6 gold traces- and for kicks and giggles WannaWanga ESB card gold traces

CU cards.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back