Another Tomenosuke Ghost - Pics Fixed!

Thanks for fixing the pics. I still have a tomen kit sitting on my work table ready for this treatment. Just need to start lol. . .

Hi Guys

Just sorta finished my first Tomen mod and somehow...it was a really cool experience as I normally work with styrene and bondo and what have you doing my Star Wars ships an so on. So I thought “crap, This is really cool” I mean sanding and polishing and sanding and so on...man this is not normal :p getting pleasure from rubbing metal to a mirror finish...not normal, but there it is. So I thought the coolest thing would be a Tomen Ghost...what a beautiful object...wow!

@ tmax...simply stunning work, me wants one so bad! Oh so bad :) Na, really gorgeous man, cudos.

Now questions, where do you get hold of the transparent grips and all the other stuff for a ghost, sorry if I am hijacking the thread a bit, but I thought you guys could help me out here.

Cheers Guys

Last edited:
I'm loosing my mind over how pretty and shiny that ghost is.

Gotta bite my tongue to keep it from rolling out of my skull, Tex Avery style.

Thanks for fixing the pics. I still have a tomen kit sitting on my work table ready for this treatment. Just need to start lol. . .

Get into it! It’s such a fun build. Pretty easy and super rewarding!

Last edited:
Hi Guys

Just sorta finished my first Tomen mod and somehow...it was a really cool experience as I normally work with styrene and bondo and what have you doing my Star Wars ships an so on. So I thought “crap, This is really cool” I mean sanding and polishing and sanding and so on...man this is not normal :p getting pleasure from rubbing metal to a mirror finish...not normal, but there it is. So I thought the coolest thing would be a Tomen Ghost...what a beautiful object...wow!

@ tmax...simply stunning work, me wants one so bad! Oh so bad :) Na, really gorgeous man, cudos.

Now questions, where do you get hold of the transparent grips and all the other stuff for a ghost, sorry if I am hijacking the thread a bit, but I thought you guys could help me out here.

Cheers Guys

Sorry mate, I forgot to reply.

Thanks for the kind words. She’s one of my favorite props and was really fun to do.

To answer your question, I got the clear grips from Rich Coyle (racprops). Because his grips are a slightly different size from the Tomeno I also got one of his outer grip frames. His outer grip frame fits perfectly over the Tomeno inner grip frame. So it’s definitely the way to go. Not sure if Rich is still offering these but you can only ask. Good luck with the build!

Hey guys, I started an insta account just for my prop collection - tmax_props

Also, for the last week or so I’ve been posting stories and behind-the-scenes of Broken, the movie I wrote/directed. Follow along on fb or on
Instagram - tarrymortlock

Cheers,
T.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice work on this. It looks like a lot of work to achieve this though :lol
So .... when you making another one? :lol

Very nice work on this. It looks like a lot of work to achieve this though :lol
So .... when you making another one? :lol

That’s a great question! Written another screenplay for a guy in Sth Africa. He’s a x-Hells Angels gang member with a crazy life story. Hope to see that made sometime soon.

Or are you referring to the blaster? Lol

That’s a great question! Written another screenplay for a guy in Sth Africa. He’s a x-Hells Angels gang member with a crazy life story. Hope to see that made sometime soon.

Or are you referring to the blaster? Lol
Was referring to the film... but I guess I am curious if you are ever going attempt the blaster again too. ;)

Was referring to the film... but I guess I am curious if you are ever going attempt the blaster again too. ;)

Ha ha man I’d make those puppies all day long! Absolutely love Ghost blasters.

I just landed a snub nose kit by Dave G so now I gotta decide what finish I’m gonna do on it. I really wanna do a steampunk, but I don’t think I could bring myself to do that to Daves kit. So I think that will be a little more traditional. Although the kit I scored has faux ivory grips! So steampunk! Lol.

But I think for the steampunk I’ll just use a 3D or resin kit as I’m gonna to cut it all up anyway. Or be real brave and don’t use a kit at all. Just make it from scratch. I so need a workshop!

Ha ha man I’d make those puppies all day long! Absolutely love Ghost blasters.

I just landed a snub nose kit by Dave G so now I gotta decide what finish I’m gonna do on it. I really wanna do a steampunk, but I don’t think I could bring myself to do that to Daves kit. So I think that will be a little more traditional. Although the kit I scored has faux ivory grips! So steampunk! Lol.

But I think for the steampunk I’ll just use a 3D or resin kit as I’m gonna to cut it all up anyway. Or be real brave and don’t use a kit at all. Just make it from scratch. I so need a workshop!
Sounds like you have some great ideas lined up. You just need a lot more money or you need to start finding some great deals on kits and base blasters. :lol

Finished my ghost. Not really worthy of a thread since I followed the tmax method TM. I've got some more polishing to do and I'm going to add blue LEDs.

CPOKy7wAHugJ1lXa2QAm2A.jpg

CPOKy7wAHugJ1lXphQAm3A.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back