New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis

Please forgive me if I missed this while reading through the comments since the pic went up, but is the set screw going to hide under the emitter cap in the threads? From the prototype pic (which looks great) it shows the set screw on the outside of the cap. Just wondering, thanks. Looking forward to the sign up thread!

Edit: nevermind! I found my answer!

Last edited:
Is this the only version of this desighn your gonna do?i love how it looks but I would still consider my three piece the most accurate version of this saber because it's closer to the actual prop.I love telling the story of the motor inside and showing people the spinning emitter. This one looks great and I'll probly get one to paint up like my a new hope obi one stunt and sell off my v2 one piece that I'm using now for it. But for the luke skywalker v2 replica I think the three piece is a better replica of the actual screen used prop.i just hope we get another run with a different set up.i didn't think I'd ever see the day that anakin would use that f word in one of his saber runs,you know fx.

Really great job.
Thanks for making this saber so accurate.

I agree the story behind this prop with the spinning of the emmiter to spin a blade with reflector material is a story I love to tell.

As far as I can understand from this new model assembly even if it is an FX the emmiter can still spin if used as static hilt. Anakin Starkiller do you confirm?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow this is amazing! I used to be a member here a good 10 years ago (probably longer now that I think of it) when I was in high school. I focused mostly on Ghostbusters props then, but with the new Star Wars films it got me reminiscing, and hopped on here to get what I needed to finish up my ANH saber I had sitting around all these years. Looks like it was at the right time because the RoTJ saber was always my favorite. Hoping I can get in on the orders for this kit!

Great work!

Peter

Last edited:
Amazing work! It looks fantastic!

I don't know if this will help at all but I took both images and overlayed them, rotated, etc. to get them as close as possible to the same width, and aligned without skewing any proportions. Then I mirrored it and lined it up edge to edge. So even though the camera angle isn't exact, the edges are what matter in this case. And for what it's worth, apart from that one area, everything else seems to match up amazingly well when aligned with the pomel, emitter, grenade section, etc. I can't believe how close this is!

View attachment 785657

It's not just that the step is more pronounced/exaggerated, the overall distance between the top edge of the clamp and the bottom ring is increased.

I agree with the others, though. Everything else looks awesome!

It's not just that the step is more pronounced/exaggerated, the overall distance between the top edge of the clamp and the bottom ring is increased.

I agree with the others, though. Everything else looks awesome!

pretty drastically, I hope this detail is ironed out.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back