Scenes that STILL give you goosebumps

When Jar Jar does that yodel thing and jumps in the water. Gets me every time.

Seriously the only one I can think off right now is in ROTJ when Luke throws away his lightsaber and says "You've failed your highness. I am a Jedi like my father before me."
Oh also in ROTJ when the Falcon is leading the fighters through the fleet and all squadrons start checking in..

When Jar Jar does that yodel thing and jumps in the water. Gets me every time.

Seriously the only one I can think off right now is in ROTJ when Luke throws away his lightsaber and says "You've failed your highness. I am a Jedi like my father before me."
Oh also in ROTJ when the Falcon is leading the fighters through the fleet and all squadrons start checking in..

Remembered another. In Babylon 5, when the White Star Fleet takes on Earth's Advanced Destroyers and Ivanova addresses the Earth fleet:
Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander. Daughter of Andre and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you will ever see. God sent me.

Sorry I meant to edit the previous message and hit the wrong thing... :facepalm

This scene has been quoted SO MANY TIMES it's hard to see past the famous line... BUT...

With all the lead up to this confrontation, and the utter shock that he blurted out "YOUR G#DDAMN RIGHT I DID!" is still one of my favorite moments.

Last edited by a moderator:
T-Rex coming through fence and roaring in Jurassic Park

Roy getting into the mothership in CE3K.

Neo saving Trinity from the helicopter crash in The Matrix

The ending of most of the Rocky movies.

-Doctor Who, the Day of the Doctor when all thirteen Doctors "sign in" to save Gallifrey. Chills there, and hair raising chills at "no sir, all thirteen". Then again at the Caretaker (Tom Baker) saying "you know I really think you might".

Yup.

Can't think of any others for me right now, though.

Anyone remember the made for TV Salem's Lot with David Soul? The part where the kid's buddy (after he was dead and buried) comes back, is floating in the air and scratches at his window! When I saw this as a kid it scared the hell out of me! For weeks I would swear there was someone outside my bedroom window in the middle of the night! Just typing and thinking about this still gives me the shivers!!!

Have it. It was sure a lot better than the remake they made years later.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back