Crystal Chamber blade plugs for lightsabers

The Schlitzie

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys, Here's a project I've been working on for a while. They're simulated crystal chamber/internals blade plugs for fx lightsabers. I started making a few prototypes in a clear acrylic and worked out a few kinks and recently built a few up using various colored acrylics with brass tubing and played around with blocking out light and running fiber optics through the framework etc.

ENJOY!

20170109_092632.jpg

Last edited:
@ARKM - Thanks man! I'm just trying to think outside the box a bit. :cheers

@Luke the Belter - Thank you! I'm a big fan of your reveal chambers you built into your sabers!
[emoji4] thanks

I think yours even if you say they were only plugs, they would be nice pieces to start with when building a reveal chamber.
Somebody only has to add some LEDs and a battery and could be happy to have a nice reveal chamber

I think they would look great if you add some brass sheet between the acryic chassis. Just an idea [emoji6]

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100G mit Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, they would definitely work as a base for a real crystal chamber. They have a 1" OD. I would use a slightly larger diameter tubing so that I could hide the wires inside them.

Brass sheets between the acrylic chassis? I'd have to see that to understand what you mean, sounds cool. Like, make other discs out of thin brass sheets?

[emoji4] thanks

I think yours even if you say they were only plugs, they would be nice pieces to start with when building a reveal chamber.
Somebody only has to add some LEDs and a battery and could be happy to have a nice reveal chamber

I think they would look great if you add some brass sheet between the acryic chassis. Just an idea [emoji6]

You understand it.
I think I saw something like that from someone who is called Master Yoda and converts Graflexes.

Hehe, oh yeah. His are a whole new level. :cool I want to make a free floating internal section that fits inside a graflex and is illuminated at some point.

You understand it.
I think I saw something like that from someone who is called Master Yoda and converts Graflexes.

I keep marveling about the high quality of reveal chambers you guys come up with ... while I usually stick to screen accurate vintage and non-working static lightsabers ... you are in a league of your own ;)

Chaim

I LOVE static sabers and accurate vintage sabers. Roman's weathered Obi is the prize of my collection right now! I also have a cutaway Luke ANH.

I really would like to get another cutaway lightsaber but I've not seen another version up for sale before. I might just have to make my own, but it's kind of a scary thought of cutting a lightsaber in half...(what if I screw up a cut! lol)

I keep marveling about the high quality of reveal chambers you guys come up with ... while I usually stick to screen accurate vintage and non-working static lightsabers ... you are in a league of your own ;)

Chaim

Or you could always use these internal schematics from the Mechanismo book by Harry Harrison, which has the crystal entirely on a different spot, namely the front of the 'grenade' section see under #9 :

Chaim

I saw this cut-away Ob1. It's really great.

Just...to cut the parts, especialy a Graflex into two...oh god. I don't know if I could do it.
@Schlitzie
When I see your plugs/craftmanship I doubt you couldn't do something like my crystalchamber.
Your acryl glass is lasercutted for example.

You should be able to create something better [emoji6]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I suppose I wouldn't feel too nervous maybe cutting up a Parks MKIII. I'm not sure how much trouble I would have cutting through parts of it. I have a decent cutoff saw with a bunch of metal cutting blades. I wonder how much room is inside one...

Or you could always use these internal schematics from the Mechanismo book by Harry Harrison, which has the crystal entirely on a different spot, namely the front of the 'grenade' section see under #9 :

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/SW_Saber_Large.jpg

Chaim

I wouldn't feel too bad cutting a Graflex replica, but I already have an ANH Luke cutaway Larbel by Howard.

I saw this cut-away Ob1. It's really great.

Just...to cut the parts, especialy a Graflex into two...oh god. I don't know if I could do it.
@Schlitzie
When I see your plugs/craftmanship I doubt you couldn't do something like my crystalchamber.
Your acryl glass is lasercutted for example.

You should be able to create something better [emoji6]

Thanks Matt!

Nice work! They look really really cool.

So you have Howard's graflex such as this?

By the way this lightsaber as seen above is a mix between ANH and ESB ... still very nice executed though :)

Chaim

I want to make a free floating internal section that fits inside a graflex and is illuminated at some point.

That's exactly what I would love to have.. hidden from the eye but reveals and light up separate without any modification on the vintage tube..
If u're letting your prototypes go..let me know. I would take one.

PM'd ya

That's exactly what I would love to have.. hidden from the eye but reveals and light up separate without any modification on the vintage tube..
If u're letting your prototypes go..let me know. I would take one.

I should start a thread in the JY if there's interest from others for them.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back