Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
zuckerberg.jpg

Brilliant.

Is that Chale from Kevin Can Wait?

Sorry No idea, a friend of mine who knows how obsessed I am with this scene and milk bottle just showed me lol

They had me thinking it was real until they started experimenting with green milk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need a gif of her actually being stabbed through the back.
lol. They clearly meant for her to be cut at the front, she reacts in pain and collapses. People are calling this out as a lazy mistake, but it's actually a crack in the facade: it's proof that Disney wanted late-edit changes to the film and ILM had to go in and paint over a scene to try to cover the ways it didn't make sense.

lol. They clearly meant for her to be cut at the front, she reacts in pain and collapses. People are calling this out as a lazy mistake, but it's actually a crack in the facade: it's proof that Disney wanted late-edit changes to the film and ILM had to go in and paint over a scene to try to cover the ways it didn't make sense.

That makes a lot of sense! I would have never thought of that

It even looks like he slashed her pretty good

That makes a lot of sense! I would have never thought of that

It even looks like he slashed her pretty good
He originally held the blade at her back to force her to stand up. Since they painted the blade out he's just holding a closed fist a foot from her back.

It's possible that Disney thought it was too dark but the sets had already been torn down, precluding reshoots. They were forced to tweak what they had. I listened to Rian's commentary to see if he would explain any details about this... unfortunately he just gushes about Adam begging Daisy before that scene even starts.

He originally held the blade at her back to force her to stand up. Since they painted the blade out he's just holding a closed fist a foot from her back.

It's possible that Disney thought it was too dark but the sets had already been torn down, precluding reshoots. They were forced to tweak what they had. I listened to Rian's commentary to see if he would explain any details about this... unfortunately he just gushes about Adam begging Daisy before that scene even starts.

I haven’t even watched it with commentary... is it even worth listening to?

There is one question I'm still a little interested in. Rey had a vision of Kylo turning, Kylo had one of Rey turning. We're told that Snoke was giving them visions, but is it still open that one or both of those visions actually turns out to be true?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them both switch sides at some point.

While that would be a interesting twist and a lot of fun to see where it would go the "reality" is it would be MUCH more difficult for Kylo to turn back to the good side without there being some sort of consequence for his actions - a sort of galactic tribunal. They wouldn't be able to simply wash away all the evil deeds he had done unless he sacrificed himself for the greater good.

Unless he was a rogue agent playing both sides from the shadows? That would be interesting. :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back