From Knights of the Old Republic...

Absolutely. They are painted in real life - a wash of blue acrylics over this red, but the flash absolutely .... er... washed away the blue, and the red was there in all its intense glory....

There is a picture without flash here, let me see...

Here, I hope it can be seen...

NO excuse, though, I had to have darkened it much more, but it wasn´t SO bad once you see what it really looks like:)

Originally posted by DarthZairr@Feb 28 2006, 04:25 AM
that would be great if you sent me the designs to me. darthzairr@comcast.net thanks
[snapback]1195357[/snapback]​

Can do. Can I send them to you tomorrow? I have to rummage through my designs folder and it´s not in the computer, it´s an actual folder with reference pictures I drew.

Sure i have got plenty of time, i think now i have decided to make a revan costume for myself(wanted to when the game came out but i did not have a lot of costuming experice) maybe if my funds work out i will be attending dragoncon this year as darth revan.

Very nice. I have to say, I kinda like the shoulder armor idea, even if it isn't accurate. Maybe it's because I love Vader so much, and he had shoulder armor, too, but I kinda think that a Sith Lord such as Revan WOULD have worn shoulder armor. Although, I didn't really view his costume as a crimson. I always thought it was such a dark red that it bordered on black. That's just me, though.

All in all, very nice. I hope you continue to work on this and improve it, because it is a very nice piece of work.

Zairr, any sort of assistance I can give you, count on me - add me to your MSN if you wish - mine is lin_si_tar@hotmail.com.

Immortal, that was sort of my reasoning - but I also got mixed up because of a picture I had of him straight up front that showed that which Darcjedi proved as a cape in a fashion that I was quite sure it was a shoulder armor, so I sort of went from there. No fancy materials whatsoever in that armor, though. I had a very short amount of time and the guy who ordered it from me was getting restless, so I made it out of industrial strength board (a kind of non-corrugated, heavy cardboard, but THICK, and sturdy almost like a wooden board), and covered it in the same synthetic leather-like material I used for the facemask and helmet. Once it was covered, I just layered it, with the care of having the lowermost layer without the board, instead I used a thick rubbery insulation foam, that retained its shape, though soft enough not to hurt the wearer. Since they had similar textures, it worked as a charm.

As for continuing, I´d have to build another from scratch, for I had it shipped to its owner as soon as I finished it, BUT this Darth Revan character sort of grew on me, and now with the pictures provided by DarcJedi, if anyone here wishes, I´d gladly do it over again. Thank you for your kind words, and I hope I haven´t just filled your screen with inane babble.

Thank you very much, folks. If any of you guys wishes to point out any other thing, I´m here to tell you how it was made.

i belive that this project will be the most stressfull yet. because i am a man of purfection. i wish i can show you guys some of my costumes and props but i do not have a decint digital camra and i have no idea how to use photobucket. (sigh) maybe one day i can figure the d@mn thing, Lin-Si-Tar i thank you for all the help you are will to give me thanks again Zairr

awww jeff what are you doing to me. now i am kicking around a sith trooper helmet idea also :D the pictures are great.. so much detail can be seen leading to ideas.. of "i think i can do this"
you should see my build thread! (If tyou havent already) its a sith trooper build!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back