Rogue One trailer 2

I just watched it. Man, I'm super excited for this one. More than I was for TFA!

I'm more excited than I was for TFA if only because The rules R1 has to play by are fewer and less restrictive, narratively and visually, than a "saga" episode. TFA upped the ante on being a modern SW film, but they knew they couldn't go too far away. R1 can, and should, to prove SW can stand alone away from its core storyline. I know the EU has done that for years, but for somebody like me that thinks SW only works in a filmic sense-- this movie means a lot. And it looks awesome.

That said-- one shot of Vader and no sign of a lightsaber MPP or otherwise... (had to bring it back to props since that's the forum we're in :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm more excited than I was for TFA if only because The rules R1 has to play by are fewer and less restrictive, narratively and visually, than a "saga" episode. TFA upped the ante on being a modern SW film, but they knew they couldn't go too far away. R1 can, and should, to prove SW can stand alone away from its core storyline. I know the EU has done that for years, but for somebody like me that thinks SW only works in a filmic sense-- this movie means a lot. And it looks awesome.

I agree. That's why I'm excited about this as well. Plus it's a new story about new characters. I wish the other anthology movies were going to be like that instead of a Han origin and a Fett movie. I already know enough about those characters. I want more new and different stories. Like, how amazing would an old fashioned war movie told from the perspective of a stormtrooper be?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back